Goodbye My Special Ness Girl

ness

My Ness has gone. Run free my gorgeous girl. Forever in my heart. Life will never be the same without you. I am eternally grateful that we were able to have lots of special outings over the last fortnight and there will always be lots of memories to treasure. My first dog and my first performance dog who opened my eyes and my world to a whole lot of great friends. My introduction to the obedience world with a bang. A CD in three trials with three good passes and second on count back at your first trial which I had only entered to keep a friend company.

A trip to Perth a few years later, 3 trials and a CDX title done and dusted. You turned your paw to everything we attempted and gave it your best. We managed to compete in just about everything, Agility, Jumping, Obedience, Rally, Dances with Dogs and Tracking. So long as there was food you would fly to the moon and then some. At rally novice title at 12 and then finishing your tracking dog title at 12 years 10 months.

Not even a ruptured cruciate the day after your 13th birthday slowed you down for long. You were still to much dog for my parents where I had sent you to recover after surgery so back you came 4 months later ready and waiting. Nothing slowed you down even in the last year of your life. You came out and helped plot tracks for last years tracking season as you always did and tracking season will never be the same without your help.

Even last week you were still having walks twice a day, lots of trips to the beach and wanting to stay involved. I knew your time was close and I am grateful you showed me so that I the "grandparents" were able to spend the last 2 days with you and my brother to whom you were originally bought was able to see you happy and without care in the world.

I am thankful you took that final decision away from me and slipped away from life peacefully of your own accord.

Thanks for the journey Ness and I am sure you will have lots of "friends" looking out for you at Rainbow Bridge. May there be lots of endless treats and places to go ferret for food.I am sure you have already made yourself at home and located all the "spare" treats.

Goodbye my girl. May you rest in peace.

"Ness" Lochness CDX ADM JDM ADO JDO SPD GD SD TD RN"

21/09/2000 - 07/01/2015 aged 14 years 3 months

post-4836-0-64933400-1420619169_thumb.jpeg

Edited by ness

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so very sorry that your special girl has left you. What a full life Ness lived with so many fantastic achievements.

May she always watch over you and may you feel her spirit close by.

Thinking of you, Kenzie, and your family at this extremely sad time x

RIP Ness :rainbowbridge:

I am so saddened by the loss of the beautiful Ness. My thoughts are with you and your family at this dreadful time.

Run free, and fast Ness, your smiling face will be missed here on dol, you touched so many of our lives. :rainbowbridge:

Di

Run free, dear Ness. You were a wonderful dog & I have a photo of you when Kenz was just little. It is such a lovely photo of the two of you standing in a pool of water with wonderful reflections. I was new to DOL back then & I feel like I have known you personally even though we never met. Hugs to your mum, Ness & run free with the wind in your ears :rainbowbridge:

My Ness has gone. Run free my gorgeous girl. Forever in my heart.

I am thankful you took that final decision away from me and slipped away from life peacefully of your own accord.

Goodbye my girl. May you rest in peace.

"Ness" Lochness CDX ADM JDM ADO JDO SPD GD SD TD RN"

21/09/2000 - 07/01/2015 aged 14 years 3 months

post-4836-0-64933400-1420619169_thumb.jpeg

Full of style to the end.

Be free, Ness.

:cry:

:rainbowbridge:

A special girl who found a loving home where she received the best of everything, and not just one of everything, there were very often several more in the cupboard. I was lucky enough to see Ness compete and to spend time with her. She taught you a great deal and she was your best friend.

My heart sank when I received your message this morning. Run free Ness and may there be an endless supply of food for you to fossick for.

Hugs mate

She sure did teach me a lot Ptolomy and miss Kenz was certainly a better dog for it. The house feels so empty without her and I keep expecting I will go into a room and find her curled asleep in her corner as she always has.

Thanks guys for all your thoughts. It feels very empty here tonight despite Kenz having taken up her usual pride of place on my bed.

I am so saddened to read about your gorgeous Ness. She has always been a favourite DOL doggie of mine and I'll miss hearing about her many adventures, trials and tribulations. You were so dedicated to this wonderful girl and I wish for you to take comfort in the love she gave you for those 14 glorious years.

Take care of yourself and Kenz :hug:

Run free sweet Ness; may you find your peace over the bridge :rainbowbridge:

I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved girl :cry: , my heart goes out to you during this very difficult time. :hug: Lovely tribute to your special girl and sounds like she had a truly wonderful life and will be sorely missed and you will have many beautiful memories of your darling girl :hug: Run free Ness :rainbowbridge: , you will be remembered and loved always by your grieving family :cry: Watch over them until you meet again :hug: