Doggie Alarm Clocks

HazyWal

I wish I had this problem, the SBT just crawls into the empty space left by OH and takes over the snoring duties :laugh:

When I was a teenager my dad used to let the dog in to wake us all up for our morning chores, he would try to dig us out and then move onto the next child. It was like being woken up by a mini tornado.

You can always tell what time it is by Tempeh who must be fed by 7am, 5.30pm and a late night snack at 11pm. First she starts with the question mark noises about half an hour before("Mummy, are you paying attention to the clock?"). AS time ticks on we get nibbles, then your whole hand disappears in her mouth and she makes gnawing noises for good measure, then she claws at you with her paws to get your hands away from whatever you are doing and the noises and general carry on increase right through until the food is on the ground. It's really quite a spectacle. If I'm still in bed she will sit on me and still do all these things which would make me laugh except if I'm still in bed it means my sister is up and should be the one getting attacked. But in Tempeh's mind I am the food provider worth hassling for breakfast and dinner. And in Tempeh's quirky mind it is my sister's job to provide the late night snack so she only gets hassled for that. I could go into the laundry and rummage in the snack area and Tempeh would still be chewing on my sister's hand. She is odd.

I couldn't deal with dogs that woke me up! If I have the dogs on the bed with me they both sleep in as long as I do :laugh:

This!

Actually in the mornings I can get out of bed, get completely ready for work, feed the cat, put dog's food out, get the dog's treats out, grab the rubbish and open the bedroom blinds just as I walk out the front door - open the door and then the dog gets off the bed - oh are you leaving now?!!

My doggy alarm clock wakes me up at the perfect time. I still set my normal alarm incase it sleeps in, but he's always a few minutes ahead of it. He's good though if it's a weekend or I'm not working I'll say "Shh" and he'll go back to sleep. But it's great during the working week!

Nova is quite gentle though, he'll just come over and and put his chin on the bed and make slight groaning noise until I wake up laugh.gif

Maddie is great she'll just sleep until whatever time as long as she's close to me that's all that matters. Stanley on the other hand thinks that as soon as the sky starts to lighten he must be fed before he starves to death, lucky I'm an early riser anyway but sometimes I'd just like to lay there for a few minutes. Once piggy has had breakfast he goes back to bed and sleeps for hours while Maddie and I are sitting there like a pair of zombies.

Edited by HazyWal