Doggie Alarm Clocks

HazyWal

When ever the the 1st glimmer of light appears is when Jesse wakes me up either by licking what ever body part she can reach or whimpering at one point that was 3 30am it's now down to 4 or 4 30 and she is starting to understand sleep time. However it's pretty much "I am awake so you must be as well". If Jonah gets up he just goes to the lounge till I give up and get out of bed which is normally by 5 on weekends and 4 in the week.

Paige sleeps beside me on her bed. First sound of birds outside she starts staring at me, with little huffs. Then she stands up, puts her chin on the bed and continues staring and huffing. If I don't open my eyes, she then wuffs at me. These gradually increase in volume till I get up. Hubby sleeps through, although once when I was in the loo, I heard a yip, an explosion of bedclothes and swearing. Came out to find hubby sitting on the side of the bed looking confused and awake, and Paige standing at a distance watching him curiously. Apparently she decided he needed to be awoken, so she shoved her nose into his armpit then barked at him, which woke him from a deep sleep suddenly, with no idea what had woken him.

Love to wake up to boxer muzzle. Had that as a child.

Overnight, Horrible Herbert decided that there was no actual need for more sleep.

He tried at 02:40am for let's wake up now, Momma sounds.

I mustered my best growl and we slept until much later.

Time to wean from the bedroom.

:rofl:

Emmylou has a very sharp bark which is a bit like being smacked on the side of the head. When she was younger she'd use it at the first sign of daylight to wake us. She's 14 now and will sleep in, unless something wakes her (like the kids getting up early). As soon as she's awake, though, she starts. Cricket, our little malt x, has to be coaxed out of bed and there's lots of stretching and yawning before she does anything.

Nope, Jager learnt at an early age that waking me up equals being locked down the other end of house. I would feed him breakfast, close the baby gate and go back to bed.

Now he stays in bed until after I shower and dress each morning. Then he follows me down the hall for breaky.