Whelping A Litter Regulations?

show-obsession

Who is to know where the litter is whelped and raised?

you're right and lot's of people do it. They go to some extraordinary lengths to conceal it but really other people know, they are probably just fortunate that no one dobs them in.

I'm not really sure what the issue is, other than possibly a money one for the CC's

The only difference I can see is if the dog is bred out of the state and reg. in the state the owner holds a prefix in is this. State Bred Class. Class 9 State registered dog. for dogs six months and over which were initially reg. in the state in which it is exhibited. ie Qld. The same applies to bitches of course.

when and if Neko is bred she will whelp at my place but the puppies will be registered under a different prefix, even though I have my own.

Same state though Kirislin?

That was my plan with Quinn too but now I've moved states I'd have to arrange something else if we were to go ahead (big if).

when and if Neko is bred she will whelp at my place but the puppies will be registered under a different prefix, even though I have my own.

Same state though Kirislin?

That was my plan with Quinn too but now I've moved states I'd have to arrange something else if we were to go ahead (big if).

yep, same state.

One of my dogs is registered with DogsVic and I transfered him via Dogs vic to my name and he is shown in WA, no issues there. The issue wold be if I was a member of dogs Vic and showing him in WA, thats where the three month rule applies.

It is very common for litters to be whelped other than in the prefix holders home and registered to whichever state they prefix is held in. I had litters in the past whelped in ACT and registered to our joint owmed prefix in NSW. I know of several more recent litters born and raised in SA and registered to a prefix in NSW. So long as the bitch is owned by the prefix holder the litter is registered to them, it doesn't matter where the litter is actually born. There is also nothing on the registration application asking where the litter has been whelped.

This is the ANKC regulation.

6.5 Registration of Litters (05/05)

6.5.1 Subject to 6.5.2, a litter must be registered in the State or Territory of

residency of the owner irrespective of where the pups are born.

6.5.2 Where a prefix is jointly owned, registered and maintained in more than

one State or Territory, the litter must be registered in the State or Territory

in which the pups are born. (Amended 10/13 – 5.6.4)

6.5.1 Subject to 6.5.2, a litter must be registered in the State or Territory of

Thankyou that's all I need to see :-)

Thankyou that's all I need to see :-)

Thanks dancinbcs for that I have just got off the phone speaking with Dogs Qld. and they will accept that ruling. I apologises if I gave any incorrect information but I assure that is what I was told. But I was also informed that any dog that leaves this state is to be transferred within 14 days. So back to square one again. :)

My understanding of the situation is that the puppies must be registered by the person who is the registered owner of the dam on the day the pups are born, in the State of residence of that person and in that person's prefix.

That is, if I am the registered owner of a bitch that whelps in NSW, I have to register the pups in my kennel name in my State (ie Victoria). I am technically the owner of the pups and no other person can register the litter.

It is very common for litters to be whelped other than in the prefix holders home and registered to whichever state they prefix is held in. I had litters in the past whelped in ACT and registered to our joint owmed prefix in NSW. I know of several more recent litters born and raised in SA and registered to a prefix in NSW. So long as the bitch is owned by the prefix holder the litter is registered to them, it doesn't matter where the litter is actually born. There is also nothing on the registration application asking where the litter has been whelped.

incorrect for Victoria as I have stated previously

My understanding of the situation is that the puppies must be registered by the person who is the registered owner of the dam on the day the pups are born, in the State of residence of that person and in that person's prefix.

That is, if I am the registered owner of a bitch that whelps in NSW, I have to register the pups in my kennel name in my State (ie Victoria). I am technically the owner of the pups and no other person can register the litter.

VCA says pups to be registered in Victoria must be whelped in Victoria. I asked this very same question of them and was told bitch must whelp in Vic for pups to be registered in Vic. I didn't ask what would happen if I didn't bring the bitch back for whelping.

VCA says pups to be registered in Victoria must be whelped in Victoria. I asked this very same question of them and was told bitch must whelp in Vic for pups to be registered in Vic. I didn't ask what would happen if I didn't bring the bitch back for whelping.

Ask them to point you towards the regulation. Never take the word of the office staff in any state for a regulation. You need to read it yourself to make sure they have not got it wrong. They cannot possibly know every regulation off the top of their head. The ANKC are the registering body, not Dogs Vic, who just process the registration. There is nothing on a registration application asking where the litter was whelped, it just requires that the bitch is owned by the prefix holder and that the prefix holder is resident in the state where they are registered.

Ask them to point you towards the regulation. Never take the word of the office staff in any state for a regulation. You need to read it yourself to make sure they have not got it wrong. They cannot possibly know every regulation off the top of their head. The ANKC are the registering body, not Dogs Vic, who just process the registration. There is nothing on a registration application asking where the litter was whelped, it just requires that the bitch is owned by the prefix holder and that the prefix holder is resident in the state where they are registered.

Yes there is in Victoria