Fixing A Lens

*Lolapalooza*

I had this problem with mine and it went to Canon to be repaired, luckily for me under warranty. I think I've worked out why so many 50 1.4's fail. When you put the lens away remember to have it on infinity so it's as short as possible. I think if it's wound out it gets knocked and that damages the AF. I've remembered to wind it in now and I've never had the problem again.

Contact Diamonds and they will know who the authorised repairer is for Adelaide. I took my camera in as I know they do some repairs and they were really honest in saying it was not something they were very familiar with and gave me details of who I should go to (mine is Sony and was an electrical issue so different repairer - someone on Halifax St).

I rang Diamonds today and the lady on the phone said that if it's sporadic to clean the auto focus points on the camera and lens 9small metal bumps apparently ) they might be dusty.

Will hope thats the problem but wont hold my breath. otherwise I will go down there and get it fixed. Thank you for your help.

I went home and cleaned the auto focus points with my camera cleaning brush and the lens worked straight away. I took 3 pics with auto focus and then turned it off wound back the lens (thanks for the tip Krislin!) and put it away. :laugh:

Hopefully that was the problem or at least I will get a bit more love from my 50mm before it needs repairing.

I went home and cleaned the auto focus points with my camera cleaning brush and the lens worked straight away. I took 3 pics with auto focus and then turned it off wound back the lens (thanks for the tip Krislin!) and put it away. :laugh:

Hopefully that was the problem or at least I will get a bit more love from my 50mm before it needs repairing.

:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...