Vale Henry

*kirty*

Today my beautiful boy Henry was snatched from this world. He was only part of my life for 7 months but he taught me so much and was everything I ever imagined. I had wanted a Galah for as long as I can remember, and the day I brought him home was like a dream come true.

He was nervous and confused in the car, but he nibbled my fingers through the carrier bars and danced when I spoke to him. It was love at first sight. We bonded very quickly but he hated my husband at first. He had to work very hard to win Henry over. Just recently they had become very close, in fact Henry loved him as much as he loved me.

I let his clipped wings grow back and he loved flying around the house. His favourite trick was to land on my head while I cooked dinner. Glen would let him out of his cage when he got up in the morning, and Henry would fly down the hall onto my bed. Dinner time was always chaos as Henry tried to steal food off our forks. He was the boss of the cats and dogs, and wandered fearlessly around the house.

Henry became sick a few days ago, but seemed to come good yesterday. This morning he deteriorated rapidly so I rushed him to an avian vet. They admitted him and began treating him, but he had a seizure and didn't recover. My heart is shattered into a million pieces. I miss him so much already and don't know how I will ever get through this. :(

20150104_005729.jpg

20150103_190717.jpg

20141102_190316.jpg

20141231_161826.jpg

20141231_161647.jpg

Very sad for you, Henry has gone too soon and left a huge hole in your heart ....

I do understand - I lost a budgie I had for several years very tragically (it was my fault). Until I owned him (he'd had 3 homes before mine), I had no idea how much love a little bird can give and my despair and sorrow lasted for months.

You gave Henry a wonderful home when he needed it, it's very sad he couldn't stay much longer. :cry:

But what a life he had in those 7 months! Galah's are so inquisitive and he got to explore a whole new world with you and be part of an eclectic 'flock'! I know you were expecting to have him for years and fate had other plans but try and remember all the brilliant things about him because it was clearly brilliant sharing your lives with him. Fly free now Henry. :rainbowbridge:

I am so sorry for your loss, you must be absolutely devastated! Henry was such a beautiful boy, and it looks like he was quite a little character. Galahs are such wonderful birds. The shock of losing him so suddenly is going to take you a while to get over, so take care of yourself. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time.