Missing- Border Terrier

SpikesPuppy

Posted in Lost and Found but adding here for more exposure :(

Long time, no post. Unfortunately it's a sad event that's brought me back. Some of you may remember my first litter of Border terriers nearly 5 years ago. Last year I made the difficult decision to rehome my pick bitch as she just wasn't fitting in. Casey went to the best home imaginable. However on January 8th, during her regular morning walk she disappeared from the off leash area/dunes at the Salt dog beach. Although she is a terrier, she has always been more into people than chasing prey and this is extremely unlike her. As much of the area, including bush has been combed as thoroughly as possible and no sign of her dead or alive. It has been a week now and we think she has probably been picked up by someone. We hope she is well but would like her back with her family where she belongs!

She is microchipped, wearing a purple collar with name tag (including phone numbers) and desexed.

We have set up a Facebook page for her:

www.facebook.com/haveyouseencasey

Also on Twitter @CaseyBT

And I have attached a poster. Please keep your eyes open for any dog that may resemble Casey. There is also a $1000 reward for her safe return.

Yes, the usual stuff is being done (physical searching, leaving clothes and toys, posters, going to pounds etc), but any further suggestions or ideas are welcome! I am not familiar with the region myself (being in Victoria).

Thank you in advance,

Elsa

post-2621-0-86898600-1421275019_thumb.jpg

post-2621-0-92670000-1421275069_thumb.jpg

Oh dear...it sounds to me as if she has been stolen :( Border Terriers are not exactly an abundant species, so you would think that someone would notice if a person suddenly aquired one :( I hope you get her back soon. :hug:

ETA... I just noticed you are in Vic. I am assuming she was lost in Kingscliff NSW ????

Edited by sheena

Yep, Kingscliff NSW, but if she has been picked up she could be anywhere :(

I don't own her anymore but she is still extremely important to me :( I get the most wonderful photos and updates from her family! She goes on many adventures, goes off in the caravan and camping, rides shotgun on a paddelboard, just generally has the most amazing life.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Casey's whereabouts is still unknown, 5 weeks since she was last seen.

We (myself and her owners) are moving on with our lives now- accepting that she may never return however we would like to keep her in people's minds for as long as possible, on the off chance that someone does have her or she has been strangely hiding out somewhere. She will never, ever be forgotten nor will we stop missing her but for all our sanity we want to know what has happened.

Casey's whereabouts is still unknown, 5 weeks since she was last seen.

We (myself and her owners) are moving on with our lives now- accepting that she may never return however we would like to keep her in people's minds for as long as possible, on the off chance that someone does have her or she has been strangely hiding out somewhere. She will never, ever be forgotten nor will we stop missing her but for all our sanity we want to know what has happened.

Her poster is being shared on Facebook.

Absolutely heartbreaking, SpikesPuppy. To never know would drive me insane and I hope will all my heart that you and Casey's family do eventually either find her or find out what happened to her.

Thank you, DDD. I agree, if we don't find her or her body/strong evidence of what has happened then I think we will all spend the next 10 years or so jumping at every small brown dog sighting. Still checking as many FB groups and pound websites but it is very time consuming and mentally draining, and not feasible. For the week after she went missing I couldn't focus, couldn't eat, was a zombie at work with stress and lack of sleep. Her owners were much the same. It's getting easier in some ways but harder in others (the longer it is, the more the hope fades).

A lost pet is not something I would wish on my worst enemy.

Thank you, DDD. I agree, if we don't find her or her body/strong evidence of what has happened then I think we will all spend the next 10 years or so jumping at every small brown dog sighting. Still checking as many FB groups and pound websites but it is very time consuming and mentally draining, and not feasible. For the week after she went missing I couldn't focus, couldn't eat, was a zombie at work with stress and lack of sleep. Her owners were much the same. It's getting easier in some ways but harder in others (the longer it is, the more the hope fades).

A lost pet is not something I would wish on my worst enemy.

This has been on my mind. I am also having trouble trying to express the idea. ( sorry).

I wonder if a flyer could be made up and added to Facebook groups of the wee gal & how she might now be living in a different area. Like turned up after the holidays as a new dog?

Do you get what I am thinking? Or what about TV news, newspapers or something?

Sighs. :(

Edited by VizslaMomma

She has been mentioned on local radio and has a 12 week ad in the paper which will be renewed at least until the end of the year.

Yes, people are checking the pounds, there are a few different flyers around, with different descriptions and sightings/impounds described as terrier, brown, shih tzu, Maltese x, Jack Russell etc are all checked out. Her owners have been volunteering for the local pounds for the last 20 years, for 15 of those their previous Border went with them so the staff are familiar with the breed (and all know Casey so that helps). Images of her invarious stages of coat growth have also been shared and included on posters.