Underwater 2015

huga

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it's hard, because once those whites are blown, there ain't no bringing them back! That has a nice dreamy feel though, Annie :)

I think with the point and shoots, you have to trick them into doing what you want. In my case the sun was almost gone, so it was easy enough to retain detail in the sky. With the first one, I knew I wanted to have the kids in silhouette, so I shot for that. I did drop the exposure and bring back the blacks in LR though. In my everyday shooting, I tend to underexpose slightly anyway.

thanks - I have an old version of lightroom on the big PC but tend not to use it.

Am just doing basic lazy processing on the lappy.

It is usually evening when we go to the beach due to summer dog restrictions, and of course I would need to adjust exposure facing into the sun, but not facing the other way as it is lovely low sunny light. With zooming greyhounds, well they are really too fast for this camera, no way I would be able to shift exposure compensation while they are running lol

I have found the 'tracking' option and switched to that. So far I have used 'one shot' as opposed to continuous as when I first tried it, the camera took forever to catch up.

Will keep playing as I am really enjoying having a light weight camera to take on long beach outings.

Are you finding the tracked focus easier?

I only ever use single shot. Nothing I shoot is fast enough for burst mode :laugh:

Haven't tried the tracking yet - I just changed it over this afternoon before I posted - had to search the manual to find it :confused:

Will let you know ......

Thanks so much for taking the time to write that informative post Huga!! What you've said does make sense but now I just have to go out into the world and put it to use so I can start playing around a bit more. I've actually written down what you've put to keep on hand as a reference guide! :laugh:

Annie, I think your photo is gorgeous!!

Reading it back makes it sound like gobbledygook. But I'm glad you can make some sort of sense of it! I always have do learn by doing, rather then reading. Obviously it's geared towards something you have manual control over. Let us know how you go.