Nutriscan Test With Jean Dodds

kamuzz

Guest crazydoglady99

Karen - the test should come with every thing you need to send it. Customs labels etc.

My vet said they arrive in USA within 1 week. Results to you take 2-4 weeks.

Let me re-phrase my original question.

On their website they say to send the results back via FedEx, UPS or USPS Priority Mail.

What do we use from Australia?

trifecta, I think I've used up my PM allowance with Erny! :laugh:

I have a question, with the Nutriscan test the salvia is used, so what do you do, just swab their tongue with something that they have sent out? & doesn't the salvia dry out over the 1 week it takes to get to America, isn't their a salvia testing somewhere in Australia??

All the packaging/information/customs forms etc. are included in the kit as to how to send back. Australia Post is fine to use. I got my results within a week of the lab receiving the completed kit.

The test itself is very easy...they send you a piece of small cotton rope which is placed in the dogs mouth for a short time so that they get a salivary sample (a couple of minutes from memory) and then you put in the tube and package and send back.

I have a question, with the Nutriscan test the salvia is used, so what do you do, just swab their tongue with something that they have sent out? & doesn't the salvia dry out over the 1 week it takes to get to America, isn't their a salvia testing somewhere in Australia??

Specimen goes into a special tube that prevents drying out if used correctly.

Dr Jean Dodds has these tests down to a fine art in terms of sending all needed to supply speciemens, instructions on how to & is oonly an email away if there are problems.

Kamuzz, in the OP, has posted the site. It's most interesting to read.

Edited by VizslaMomma

I used FedEx to send it back, but I had blood serum for a thyroid level check to send as well and that's something Aussie post has refused to send. At the time I ran the saliva test I found it interesting and useful but, in my instance at least, only a guide rather than a given. I did the test before I put my boy on the Augustine Approved diet and his food back then included roo. The nutroscan test doesn't include roo meat protein source because It is not a food source that is frequently used in America and other nearby Countries.

Also, I recall questioning on another meat protein source which showed up as (I think - I'm going off memory here) being ok, yet wasn't ok (or maybe it was vice versa). Anyway, the answer to my query was the difference could relate to what the animal meat source is fed on and that could be different from America to Australia.

But as I said, back when I ran it was before Augustines Approved and as I'd run through almost every practical meat protein source possible and none of them worked and in fact my dog was so uncomfortable that he just stopped eating (and he was skinny enough as it was), I was desperate and it did help me as a guide to some knowledge of what to mainly steer clear of. But as a whole, it was not the main or most useful test for us. Too many questions and the variance of what our meat protein sources are fed on would have to lend itself to a good degree of unreliability in results. I think.

Having said that, I'd run it again if I had another dog with digestive issues. It provides a little bit of info that can be used for guidance, even if that guidance might be a bit loose.

Edited by Erny

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I was advised to consider a nutriscan.

Just wondering if you all have ordered the test kit from the website or got it from somewhere in Australia?

You order it online with Nutriscan and they post it to you from America.