Ulcerative Eosinophilic Stomatitis

ChewieTAG

I would definitely go with All Natural Vet Care. That way you will have qualified vets to provide whatever treatment is best for Lexie.

With McDowells, they will provide you with a bottle or two of their herbal supplements and advise you to administer 20 drops per day to your dog. There is no follow up and no veterinary care. They will of course ask you questions about Lexie's condition prior to supplying you with their herbal supplements.

Robert McDowell is no longer at the helm of the company so things are a little different there now.

You really do need hands on qualified veterinary surgeons to monitor and treat your dog and chances are All Natural Vet Care vets will be quite happy for you to give McDowell mixtures to your dog providing they are not contraindicated with any other treatment Lexie is having.

**edited: because I pressed submit before I completed my post plus I needed to clarify.

Edited by cavNrott

Mc Dowells have a vet on staff - and mixtures I use are all very different . A couple of ingredients are often a base ..and yes, they smell strong . They will also provide various supplements if they think it's warranted , Last time there was a big bag full of seeds ...forget what it was ...

Hands-on? No . Chewie, if you can find a good hands on holistic practitioner - by all means go there! I use Mc Dowell a lot, as holistic vets/naturopaths etc are a long way away from where I live ..

Edited by persephone

Sorry perse. I was firing away and thought I should edit my reply before I hit submit but I hit enter and it posted.

I really think Chewie needs hands on vet attention for Lexie if indeed she was thinking about using Mcdowell or All Natural Vet Care exclusively. I took it that her question was 'either or' and there is no reason at all why she can't utilise both options.

Sorry perse. I was firing away and thought I should edit my reply before I hit submit but I hit enter and it posted.

I really think Chewie needs hands on vet attention for Lexie if indeed she was thinking about using Mcdowell or All Natural Vet Care exclusively. I took it that her question was 'either or' and there is no reason at all why she can't utilise both options.

poor lexie has had this for so long - it would be good to find someone who can help!! yes.

thanks everyone for your great input! thumbsup1.gif

After reading the replies here and also reading up their websites again, I have decided to book an appointment with All Natural Vet Care (they are closed by ) and also have emailed Mc Dowell. So will see how both goes.

I'm just stuck and don't know what else to do and SASH has also gone out of ideas on how to heal her as none of the medication really work on her. Her symptoms didn't get worst but she is in too long antibiotics.

Will probably call up ANVC this coming week.

Thanks all!

• 2 weeks later...

I have had some successes via Hair-DNA testing and following the supplements recommended that accord with what the hair dictates. The hair is a pretty quick indicator of things being right or wrong. There are some who don't believe in this and maybe there are Hair-DNA testers who aren't that crash hot. I use Coburg Health & Nutrition (Ross Wilson) here in Victoria. The beauty of it is that your dog doesn't have to visit .... it's just a matter of sending a hair sample for testing. When you're stuck and feel at a dead-end, anything is worth a shot especially when it doesn't involve invasive or stressful measures. $125.00 for the initial test. Re-testing after the first is free. The supplements can be exxy though, but if they work it's worth it.

Edited by Erny

• 2 weeks later...

I have had some successes via Hair-DNA testing and following the supplements recommended that accord with what the hair dictates. The hair is a pretty quick indicator of things being right or wrong. There are some who don't believe in this and maybe there are Hair-DNA testers who aren't that crash hot. I use Coburg Health & Nutrition (Ross Wilson) here in Victoria. The beauty of it is that your dog doesn't have to visit .... it's just a matter of sending a hair sample for testing. When you're stuck and feel at a dead-end, anything is worth a shot especially when it doesn't involve invasive or stressful measures. $125.00 for the initial test. Re-testing after the first is free. The supplements can be exxy though, but if they work it's worth it.

thanks Erny for the info. Does the DNA Hair Test tells the genetic issues? I am new to this but I always assumed we can only test DNA for what type of dog breed and genetic / cell issues?

I have an appointment with All Natural Vet Care and looking at the possibilities of on-going revisits, I wonder if Pet Plan Insurance covers this type of Holistic Vet Care? Well I have claimed for Lexie's continuing condition and just wanting to know if Pet Plan covers this type. smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

thanks Erny for the info. Does the DNA Hair Test tells the genetic issues? I am new to this but I always assumed we can only test DNA for what type of dog breed and genetic / cell issues?

No - the hair-DNA test has nothing to do with identifying genetics. It's a test where the hair tells the story of what is missing (in-depth nutritionally speaking i.e. vitamins, minerals, etc). IOW, it tells us what the body needs.

I have an appointment with All Natural Vet Care and looking at the possibilities of on-going revisits, I wonder if Pet Plan Insurance covers this type of Holistic Vet Care? Well I have claimed for Lexie's continuing condition and just wanting to know if Pet Plan covers this type. smile.gif

hope all is going well.. I have loads of respect and admiration for the All natural Vet Care people..( they have treated a few of my guys and gals with the help of my local vet..who has now incorporated complementary modalities into his vet practice. )

H

Pet plan does provide some coverage for Acupuncture, Homeopathy, Herbal Medicine, Chiropractic manipulation, Osteopathy, Hydrotherapy. But there are limits to the amounts they will pay per policy year, about 20% of total yearly policy allowance, and also the numbers of sessions, etc. they will cover as well. They must have been referred by their vet and their vet must endorse it.

Hope it works, and that petplan covers at least some of it.

Thank you all for your response..

Went to All Natural Vet Care and Lexie was prescribed with Natural medicine together and is ok to be taken together with her current pills. We will be slowly taking her off the pills once her ulcer has tame down a little bit more. It flared up pretty bad after her surgery to removed two of her broken teeth last month! Seriously, we need to be very careful with the nylon dental chew eek1.gif

Anyway she was put on Pred for a week and now it has gone down. So will be slowly taking her off her antibiotics to continue with Natural medicines.

Lexie was given a diet elimination that is being introduced slowly.

My next visit is tomorrow to see how she goes ..

Will keep everyone posted.