Puppy Farm ?

terry L

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with others. Sounds dodgy except for cash only thing which in my limited experience is normal. Sounds quite cheap for a pedigree puppy too (depending on the breed).

I think the OP sounds dodgy. How do we know he is telling the truth?

How do you know they are lying?

It's the internet, for all we know everyone is lying. They asked for advice, its been given.

If they are lying what will they gain?

Edited by LisaCC

Agree with others. Sounds dodgy except for cash only thing which in my limited experience is normal. Sounds quite cheap for a pedigree puppy too (depending on the breed).

I think the OP sounds dodgy. How do we know he is telling the truth?

Of course we don't! We can only take posts on face value. We don't know the breeder so no harm has been done to anyone's reputation.

Anyone who thinks there aren't ANKC registered puppy farmers needs to wake up and smell the roses.

No, it doesn't sound ideal. If the OP hasn't received pedigree papers he/she needs to contact Dogs NSW and Troy ASAP.

:( I've heard some awful stories about so called reputable breeders who keep their show dogs confined in small cages in a darkened garage with no toys, or sounds, just dark and silence, and that's where they stay unless they're required to be shown or bred from. There's some dogs in miserable conditions but because they're fed and sheltered and their kennels are clean, there's not a damn thing to be done about it.

Edited by Kirislin

God kirislin that is just so very sad.

Bloody disgusting too. I had no idea :(

I know. A friend went there and told me about what she saw. It's really upset her too. I keep thinking about those poor dogs, just existing.................... like prisoners.

:( I'm really struggling to get my head around that because you'd expect reg. breeders would be "ambassadors" in every way for their chosen breed.

I'm surprised these poor dogs perform on their show outings when they are treated so poorly & kept like prisoners, left in the dark, isolated & confined :(

I just cannot comprehend keeping dogs like that. When I think of what my dogs have done this weekend: been to a market; out to Japanese for lunch: out to a country pub for lunch; visited a friend's house where they got endless massages; went up to a horse riding event as a fundraiser; got to play with fire fighters and the water from the hoses; cuddled on the couch and on the bed, I morn for the life that those dogs deserve, but will never get.

That sort of treatment is more than criminal, it is immoral and abhorrent. :mad:cry:

I think it's also wise to point out that you only saw the dogs for a short period of time. I keep my guys locked up in my garage aka grooming room, in crates when people come over because I don't want them to get silly. They don't live in there, in fact they spend about 7% of their time in there, otherwise they're in the house with me. However if someone wanted to they could assume the dogs were kept this way 24/7.

Papers also aren't always given at the time the puppy is. My current litter won't be getting their papers when they leave me, it's impossible to do so when we have to pick the show pups at eight weeks and some of the others are leaving the next day, which is also a weekend. They will however have them express posted when I receive them.

Cash in hand, also not dodgy. I prefer it this way as do many other breeders I know.

The receipt thing, well, you should have been given one. However, I've received a receipt for one of my dogs. Not one of the others ever came with one and none of the breeders are dodgy at all.

From what I'e read I can't see that much dodgy going on here. The 10 to 15 litters would be a concern if there were actually that many and the price of $800 isn't that far fetched for certain common breeds.

Edited by Bjelkier

1422309238[/url]' post='6637832']

I do not understand why if the OP thought they were purchasing from a less than ethical breeder and had doubts, they continued with the purchase.

Makes no sense to me, in the end they were prepared to look past it and get the pup anyway.

Same reason people buy the poor pups in dirty pet shop windows?Think they are helping that one pup.

I just cannot comprehend keeping dogs like that. When I think of what my dogs have done this weekend: been to a market; out to Japanese for lunch: out to a country pub for lunch; visited a friend's house where they got endless massages; went up to a horse riding event as a fundraiser; got to play with fire fighters and the water from the hoses; cuddled on the couch and on the bed, I morn for the life that those dogs deserve, but will never get.

That sort of treatment is more than criminal, it is immoral and abhorrent. :mad:cry:

all for the sake of a ribbon :cry:

I do not understand why if the OP thought they were purchasing from a less than ethical breeder and had doubts, they continued with the purchase.

Makes no sense to me, in the end they were prepared to look past it and get the pup anyway.

Probably because it is someone trolling.

I doubt anyone buying from a breeder's property does so because they want to "help" the pup.