Foobler Treat Dispensing Ball

Sail_Away

Just letting people know the Foobler ball is $34.95 on Catch Of The Day website right now: https://www.catchoftheday.com.au/event/44878/

I paid $49.95 from K9 online and that was reduced from $75!! So this is a great price. I really like this toy and my Vizsla spends ages bashing it around the place - but I think she is too busy growling at it to hear the bell alerts rofl1.gif

i bought one about a or so month ago; my 6 month old labby gets her first lot of treats and then goes to sleep and then wakes up in a fright when it rings for the next round laugh.gif i haven't tried it on my 3yo labby yet. Is there any way to reduce the intervals to help condition the dog to what the bell means? 15 minute intervals is too long imo

Edited by suziwong66

i bought one about a or so month ago; my 6 month old labby gets her first lot of treats and then goes to sleep and then wakes up in a fright when it rings for the next round laugh.gif i haven't tried it on my 3yo labby yet. Is there any way to reduce the intervals to help condition the dog to what the bell means? 15 minute intervals is too long imo

15 minutes is the shortest interval ... I guess it's meant to last over a period of hours.. I was hesitant to buy it at first thinking, it would wake the dog up unnecessarily ... I haven't left her alone with it during the day yet, it's more an outside toy as she is so rough with it! It hits the walls and furniture too much! haha

I am so tempted right now. I haven't been able to figure out, can you put different treats in there (so like first dispense kibble, second dispense treats etc)?

Yes there are 6 compartments inside the ball so you can load it with different items and then set the timing intervals e.g.. 15/30/90 min to release the treats - the compartments rotate around internally to the hole and dispense the treats... have a look on youtube, it took me awhile to figure it out too and also how to set it up!!!

Oh I just bought one of these this morning from CotD.

I had been looking on the Foobler website and noticed this morning they had them on sale and by chance I looked on CotD and even with postage was still a few dollars cheaper.

Hopefully Audrey likes it. :)

I had been looking on the Foobler website and noticed this morning they had them on sale and by chance I looked on CotD and even with postage was still a few dollars cheaper.

Well she's a Dalmatian and it involves food so she'll probably love it :laugh:

:rofl:

I like the fact that it can dispense food 6 times TSD.

At the moment she is getting a puppy Kong stuffed with some kibble, grated fruit and vegies and sealed with a touch of peanut butter and she is getting it all out in a couple of minutes and then bringing me the Kong and asking for more. :eek::rofl:

:rofl:

I like the fact that it can dispense food 6 times TSD.

At the moment she is getting a puppy Kong stuffed with some kibble, grated fruit and vegies and sealed with a touch of peanut butter and she is getting it all out in a couple of minutes and then bringing me the Kong and asking for more. :eek::rofl:

Clever girl! Sounds like she has got your training well in hand :D

Try squishing together some minced chicken frames/4 Legs with her dry food and the rest. You can pack the Kong really tight. That keeps Em going for a good half hour and she is a machine. And freeze stuff for her too...as long as you're prepared for the mess :laugh:

Edited by The Spotted Devil

Mine arrived today :thumbsup: I love it - Luna isn't super interested yet but she's had a big afternoon of training and is tired. She did like the way it rolls, the battery side is obviously a bit heavier so it has a more erratic roll than a standard round treat dispenser. Just wasn't really keen on eating any kibble or treats that came out of it, and the past 3 bells she's woken up, looked around, and gone back to sleep :rofl: I'll try it tomorrow when she's not zonked, but I'm personally very happy with the product so far

My girl is only 3kg and loves pushing it around, and it didn't take her long at all to work out that the bell means more treats. Although I do find she doesn't clear all the treats out like a normal treat ball as she cant work out if they are all gone or not, as the normal treat ball she can hear and smell when its empty.

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered mine as they are back in stock.

Any updates from you buyers as to how they are going.

I'm planning on using this as a crate treat or to get some peace during tv time as Ernie runs out of patience with 'lie down and be quiet'. Also think it might be a cool training toy?