My Dog Is A Dag Because......

hankdog

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have another 2 who won't wee if it's raining. I trick them by opening the back door (they can't see it's raining from inside) and quickly shut it for at least 15 mins so they are forced to toilet outside before they demand to be let back in. Little darlings. Butter wouldn't melt.

Edited by SeeGee

Fleming is a dag because sometimes he forgets that he's missing a back leg. He usually cocks his stump, but sometimes he'll cock his other leg ending up doing a handstand while peeing away :rofl: It only becomes a problem when gravity takes over and he lands on his head :D

This must be the funniest!! :rofl: :laugh:

I used to have to carry the family aussie terror out and plonk her in the middle of the wet grass to prevent accidents inside.

My current dog - isn't all that bothered by the rain once she's in it.

So its raining and we're both at the back door looking at. She asked me to open the door for her - and when I do - it's like I played some bad joke on her... it's raining... and she doesn't want to go out.

So I say "PUSS PUSSS PUSS!!!" and out she goes at full (fool?) speed on cat patrol... gets all wet, does her business and then is quite happy to stay out there in the rain and do her usual back yard sniffs and digs and mouse hunting...

And then it's hard to get her back inside.... ("Chicken!") tho she doesn't mind the towel scrub down after.

Ok that's showing me up for a dag. Run outside command is "puss puss puss" and come back inside is "chicken"... I also have "are you in or out?" which just means I'm going to "shut the door now" - and if she's not headed back to the door, I shut it. Which usually results in her coming to the shut door like she thinks I didn't mean it. And of course I let her in. Sometimes.

Our 2 year old JRT stood on the grass in the rain eyeballing me because I asked her to pee on the grass. She ran around for a good 20 minutes but refused to pee, I was getting constantly "i can't believe you expect me to toilet out here" looks. Silly duffer, if she had peed straight away she would have been barely wet.

I have several bitches.....the queue forms on the left when one pees so that the last in the queue is the winner as her mark is the one on top.

Enter the pee queen Luci (my banner) she will (if first to pee) return to the back of the queue to be last....remember she who pees last is the winner.

It is serious business...but as she has got older her patience has waned. No longer happy to wait she does her own thing then runs across the yard to the last dog in the queue and hip and shoulders her off the spot mid stream. Then elegantly does her tinkle, wiping her back feet off in a triumphant manner before going back to whatever had her interest. :laugh:

I have added this before - Zig's vertical tail chase..

The dag does it all the time.

Edited to add, you will have to click the link (it's a public video, so should be able to see it).

OMG my Amstaff girl used to do this too! We used to say 'Breakdancer Georgia?' and this would occur. Oddest thing I've ever seen a dog do - and until now, I thought it was unique.

Edited by Stressmagnet

Ha Zig looks like me trying to do yoga.

I have added this before - Zig's vertical tail chase..

The dag does it all the time.

Edited to add, you will have to click the link (it's a public video, so should be able to see it).

OMG my Amstaff girl used to do this too! We used to say 'Breakdancer Georgia?' and this would occur. Oddest thing I've ever seen a dog do - and until now, I thought it was unique.

It cracks me up - he does it all the time..

My dog licks his feet clean like a cat if he gets them wet.

Vizsla thing this.

Really? His half sister didn't do it!

Gosh.... our dogs were unrelated & cleaned their feet like that.

Interesting differences, of course.

:D

Edited by VizslaMomma

We haven't had any rain since we got Bonnie last month, so we'll have to wait and see as far as antics go.

One thing she does do though is go straight for my fingers after I've cleaned off her eye goop and licks it all off quite fervently :laugh: grot!

Love how he gets slightly side tracked when chewing the bed.

If I would let him rip the bed cover off he would, so that his bed would not eat his ball.

When the ball gets stuck near the downed tree, he gets frustrated and rips the bark off. Or he can be dribbling the ball past part of the tree and he will stop to strip bark. Zeph is one strange dog.

IMGP7419_zps225e17ad.jpg

Jasper was quite ill a couple of years back, and endured a little too much probing. As a result, touching him near his bum (or putting on rubber gloves) will get him upset. He's such a gentle soul, he will give a little growl, then start licking.

Silly thing is, he will hop up and sit on me (on my hand if available otherwise on my legs) THEN complain because I am "touching" his bum.

At other times, he will wag his tail such that it hits a door or furniture, then growl at the door because its touching his tail.