Dog Fighting - Victoria - Police Warn

Jed

Illegal Dog Fighting

Illegal Dog Fighting

LOCAL NEWS 28/01/2015

Reports of illegal dog fighting in the Terang area has led to calls from Police for pet owners to keep a close eye on their animals, particularly those with Staffy's and Labrador's.

Police ask that pet owners make sure their yards are secure, that their pets are away from street view and inside at night if possible.

Senior Sergeant Russell Tharle says people should report any suspicious activity.

Illegal Dog Fighting

Illegal Dog Fighting

LOCAL NEWS 28/01/2015

Reports of illegal dog fighting in the Terang area has led to calls from Police for pet owners to keep a close eye on their animals, particularly those with Staffy's and Labrador's.

Police ask that pet owners make sure their yards are secure, that their pets are away from street view and inside at night if possible.

Senior Sergeant Russell Tharle says people should report any suspicious activity.

I am very sury real dog fighter would report such scum bags. If not, give them a beating then return the pets to owners, and tell others to keep away from you, and not give you dogs. Pick up any book on pit bull history, you will learn that no dog fighter would do such, this who do are petty street thugs and would hide facts they stole peoples pet to make their dog aggressive!

Guest Wildthing

I have recently advertised hens and roosters for sale. One email said they wanted all the roosters. Wanted to know how many I had and how much. My reply was worded very carefully and I asked what they wanted to do with the roosters. Never heard another thing. My GUESS is one of 2 things - blood dogs or cock fighting. Whilst this is not in Victoria or from a Police source, it has relevance to alleged dog fighting.

Illegal Dog Fighting

Illegal Dog Fighting

LOCAL NEWS 28/01/2015

I am very sury real dog fighter would report such scum bags. If not, give them a beating then return the pets to owners, and tell others to keep away from you, and not give you dogs. Pick up any book on pit bull history, you will learn that no dog fighter would do such, this who do are petty street thugs and would hide facts they stole peoples pet to make their dog aggressive!

What is a real dog fighter? In this case all are created equal, and that equal is low as low, IMO. Anyone who makes dogs fight for entertainment/sport/any reason is a dirt bag.

I have recently advertised hens and roosters for sale. One email said they wanted all the roosters. Wanted to know how many I had and how much. My reply was worded very carefully and I asked what they wanted to do with the roosters. Never heard another thing. My GUESS is one of 2 things - blood dogs or cock fighting. Whilst this is not in Victoria or from a Police source, it has relevance to alleged dog fighting.

They wanted them to eat.

Reports of people trying to access houses by saying they're fitting down lights for a Goverment initiative only when asked for ID they either get aggressive or they leave.

There are photos of the vehicle these people are driving are now circulating FB in the local areas

Warrnambool Terang and Port Fairy.

Let's hope they catch these scumbags

Reports of people trying to access houses by saying they're fitting down lights for a Goverment initiative only when asked for ID they either get aggressive or they leave.

There are photos of the vehicle these people are driving are now circulating FB in the local areas

Warrnambool Terang and Port Fairy.

Let's hope they catch these scumbags

They are in Melton area as well....one girl was saying she asked one of them for ID and he said the name of the company and then said it was a software company :rofl:.....I may be behind the times since I didn't know that a software company would sell and install downlights :thumbsup:

They wanted them to eat.

Yes, if you advertise roosters expect to get calls from those wanting to eat them. Why else would someone want to buy more than one or two roosters. If you don't want this to happen - the only solution is euthanize them yourself.

Guest Wildthing

I have been around for many years and when asked what they wanted them for in the past, ALL of them answered to eat. These are purebred roosters who are not meat birds. Seems people do not do their home work yet again. They were also advertised in trios. For those that have no clue as to what that means, it is a rooster with two hens.

Edited to add. They were advertised at $40 per bird. I do not know anyone who would pay that much for a chicken to kill and eat when they are available at the supermarket for much much less.

I do not euthanase animals, they go to a qualified vet for that to be done.

I am amazed someone assumes there was a phone number in the ad as well. Just wish for once people would check the facts before posting.

Edited by Wildthing

Doubt they wanted to fight it, most likely just breed for looks. If they wanna fight it They would buy it from tested stock, proven biddable stock, they would cost in hundreds. No one would waste time and effort conditioning a rooster and putting their money on it against game tested ones that has generations of fighting roosters in its pedigree. Those who do are clueless not serious and haven't the connection to buy real game fowl and have time and money to waste. Unless they have seen your stock compete they wouldn't bother with your pets.

Unfortunately blackbun, there are people who are stealing dogs to use as bait dogs or whatever - whether they are "real" dog fighters or not does not matter, the fate of the pets is very grim.

Same situation applies to the roosters. It is not easy to buy fighting roosters in Aus, and I guess the right kind of person would figure he could turn the rooster into a fighter.

Staffies and Labradors? My Labbies are totally unfit for fighting, or training a dog to fight. They have been attacked a few times. Reaction: look confused, if it's a big dog, run. I understand that in some places there's a problem with hunt-trained Labs getting stolen. That makes sense. Training a dog is a big investment and a well trained dog is a valuable thing . . . plus Labs transplant well. But if fighters do actually use bait dogs (I'm not convinced this is common if it happens at all), I'd think they'd do better with dogs that are likely to put up a good fight . .. specially terriers.

Or eat them.