Caring For The Oldies

Henrietta

Well, just a quick update. I'm relieved to say that Gracie had her surgery Thursday just gone after her bloods gave her the all clear.

She is doing wonderfully. In fact, despite her being a bit wobbly on her feet that afternoon, she was 100% her dear old self. She is certainly a tough girl. I don't quite remember it being so easy! She's been on soft food, but that didn't stop her chewing something hard outside when I wasn't paying enough attention. No harm done however.

Brilliant news :thumbsup: :thumbsup: So happy for you.

Have a wonderful time away.

wonderful news and she is looking good too. .. the oldies are such a precious gift ... i have one very very old oldie ( dennys Dog maremma 15yo and Gracie maremma around 13yo). DD is really showing his age but has perked up with the addition of a good mult B supplement and a supplement for cognition, plus a ramp downstairs, and motion sensor lights around the plac. He sleeps a lot and I do not see him move a lot but find him in lots of different places and occasionally lose him in the front paddock when he goes off for an adventure. He makes my heart ache each time i gaze at him.

adding DDD- I Love Danny..he is adorable

Dear Dogs - I love Danny too :laugh: :laugh:

As I type on my iPad at my dining room tabel, he is sitting in a bed at my feet having a little groom.

I don't want to take the focus of this thread away from Henrietta and Gracie, but because it is about Health and Nutrition :D ......

I am building a shrine to Valbitz who put me onto BM Animals goodies and supplements and whoever first suggested Lactose Free Milk. I did scroll through looking for whoever that was, but couldn't find it.

The BM Animals goodies have food and supplements which Danny will always eat and he will always have a lap of Lactose Free Milk. So with these, Danny is maintaining his weight and obviously helping his gut to enable him to eat other foods.

So hopefully my singing these praises will help other people with old and not so well dogs.