Appollo

juice

I never wanted a dally, but my kids talked me into looking at pups.

15 spotty little thugs ran across the paddock, so we had to leave with one!

I have never regretted that day, you were perfect.

You lived for walks, you could hunt bunnies allday , just lifting your head to check in to make sure i was still there, then you would shriek as you flushed one out and give chase. You and Jed were a formidable team.

Over the years you were the perfect role model to all those naughty fosters, gently letting them know it was not ok to leap all over everyone.

You were as solid as a rock, i trusted you with any dog or human ( cats and bunnies were another story) :laugh:

People told me dallys were stupid and destructive, they didn't know you, you were neither.

Fostering stopped when you looked at me as if to say " not another one".

When we got Bonn you loved her, even when she sat ontop of you on the couch!

My daughter adored you, and you were her shadow, when she was out you would keep getting up to look up the stairs or at the front door till she came home and you could sit with her.

Over the last year your body started to fail you, you didn't understand that your hips couldn't carry you anymore as you tried to power along still. It was heartbreaking to make the call last month not to take you on walks anymore as you just collapsed constantly, laying looking confused as to why you had fallen.

You didn't understand and got distressed at being left behind when i took the others out for their walks. :(

Then finally last week they gave up completley, and i knew it was time to let you go.

So last Monday we made that final trip, with Brooke holding you we sat in the car waiting our turn at the vets.

It was the hardest thing to watch you go and be strong for Brooke too.

My big strong boy was a frail old man, where had the 14 years gone. :(

The house feels empty without you, your bed is empty, your collar hangs up with your lead.

I will miss you always, thankyou for 14 years of loyality my main man. :cry:

Run free over the bridge.

post-3531-0-65763200-1423455257_thumb.jpg

Edited by juice

Vale Appollo.

A beautiful tribute for a beautiful boy Juice. He and Jed are once again a formidable team now that he can run again.

Appollo was the voice of reason amongst your lot, such a dignified, *gentle soul (*noting the cat/bunny clause :o)

It's the hardest thing about giving your heart to a dog, they age before our eyes and leave us well before we'd like them to.

:grouphug:

• 2 weeks later...