Today Tonight

Trishm

There is no online link to the story on TT Adelaide's website but it says a record litter of 17 pups was born and if you would like to purchase a pup call Craig on XXXX XXX XXX. What the hell? I've never seen them be selling agents before! The comments are very scathing of the family saying they were on Centrelink and had bred and sold puppies before. It looks like the puppies are those rare blue staffies too!

Ah yes. The oh so rare $3000 'blue staffy. When I was researching buying our Anstaff girl (who was plain old black and white) the amount of nonsense spouted over 'blue' Staffies was astounding. They look pretty sure but paying that for a recessive gene that carries a host of problems??

I also noticed such twaddle when I was researching labradors too. The fabled 'silver' labrador for &4000.

No.

Nothing screams BYB more than the words 'blue' or 'silver' to me now.

Ah yes. The oh so rare $3000 'blue staffy. When I was researching buying our Anstaff girl (who was plain old black and white) the amount of nonsense spouted over 'blue' Staffies was astounding. They look pretty sure but paying that for a recessive gene that carries a host of problems??

I also noticed such twaddle when I was researching labradors too. The fabled 'silver' labrador for &4000.

No.

Nothing screams BYB more than the words 'blue' or 'silver' to me now.

The odd thing is, the trend has spread into other breeds where blue can be shown (and is therefore not rare), with the same results.

Only a few weeks ago, I saw a litter of whippets advertised on Gumtree, including "rare" blue pups and even better, a "very rare" blue brindle. As soon as a "rare" colour starts getting traction within a breed, the BYBers are lining up to pump them out. Not long ago, there were hardly any unregistered whippet breeders down here and now there's a litter advertised every other week on Gumtree :/