Bladder Cancer

Darien

My beloved Kiska was diagnosed with Bladder Cancer this week, she is 13.5 years old. It can be operated on, but due to her age, I have opted not to go down that track. I am awaiting some urine tests back to see if we can start her on Feldene which may help shrink the cancer, but it's mainly for palliative care. It never gets any easier when we are losing our beautiful babies, no matter how many times we have to do it :( She is my heart dog, along with my Jenna that I lost nearly 16 years ago now.

My time will be spent loving and spoiling her and making her happy. She was my first rescue Border Collie and will be last one.

My heart is breaking and the pain sometimes feels unbearable, but I know many of you on here will understand.

Sad to hear this, Darien. Sitting here beside me is my BC Kirra, who will be 13 at the end of next week. Touch wood, she is in good nick at the moment, but the signs of ageing - other than just the grey hairs - are setting in. Your post reminds me to treasure however much time she has with me - hopefully a lot - but we never know. Hope you can work out a good management routine for your lovely Kiska.

We had our dane Flash on Feldene, but she did have her bladder cancer removed. We lost her to a brain tumour before she turned 8.

Cherish the time you have with her. Our Whitney has DCM, and we are just loving her to bits whilst we still have her.

Hugs to you, it never gets easier.

We are unable to use Feldene as her urine results showed high protein levels which is not good, it would probably put her into complete renal failure :( Kiska has very bad arthritis and cruciate problems and we had to stop her Carprophen and she is really feeling it at the moment, so she is on Tramal for that now.

1424230042[/url]' post='6650358']

We had our dane Flash on Feldene, but she did have her bladder cancer removed. We lost her to a brain tumour before she turned 8.

Cherish the time you have with her. Our Whitney has DCM, and we are just loving her to bits whilst we still have her.

Hugs to you, it never gets easier.

1424224215[/url]' post='6650306']

Sad to hear this, Darien. Sitting here beside me is my BC Kirra, who will be 13 at the end of next week. Touch wood, she is in good nick at the moment, but the signs of ageing - other than just the grey hairs - are setting in. Your post reminds me to treasure however much time she has with me - hopefully a lot - but we never know. Hope you can work out a good management routine for your lovely Kiska.

Make the most of your Kirra, they leave us all too soon.

Sorry to hear.

Perhaps you could try giving her some turmeric it is known to shrink tumours in many cases and is an anti inflammatory.

Make some Golden Paste (1/2 cup turmeric powder, 1 cup water, heat together over medium heat stirring until a paste is formed -about 7 minutes, add 1/3 cup coconut oil and 1.5 teaspoons of freshly ground pepper.

Start by giving the dog 1/4 teaspoon 3 times a day and build up to about 1 teaspoon 3 times per day

You can join the FB page Turmeric Users Group for lots of success stories and much more information.

I have my 12.5 year old on it although not for any cancer but his mobility and energy has improved greatly since starting this a couple of weeks ago.

Edited by Airedaler

Sorry to hear this.

I lost one of my Labs, Asha, to bladder cancer. Her cancer was inoperable so she was put on Feldene and had a good quality of life for 4 or 5 months before the cancer suddenly grew and I knew it was time. She was 13. Really until her final day she was so happy and energetic , just looking at her you would not have known there was anything wrong .

I still miss her :cry: