Agility In Tasmania

TracyH

Hubby and I are considering relocating to Tasmania. Trying to decide on where in Tassie will be somewhat determined by the things we like to do. Hubby loves his fishing and I have fun taking my Cavalier to Agility training. We are new to the sport but we have so much fun so would like to continue. We don't mind a bit of rural living but would still like to be close enough to civilisation for work.

We'll be planning a short trip soon but won't have time to cover everywhere. Hopefully if there were some suggestions on here we can at least target those areas first ????

Thanks ????

Your best bet would be up north somewhere - the best agility training is based in Launceston. (And there is a Cavalier training up there :) ). That area is also a good spot for fishing of various sorts.

Don't know what the real estate market is like up there (I'm down south). but the distances are not all that great in most parts of Tasmania.

Have fun looking - :D

Thanks Tassie ????. Another agility Cav, yay! I have googled Tasmanian Dog training Clubs and found the one in Launceston. I've also found a couple of cute houses for sale nearby too. ????

Looking forward to organising our trip, albeit a short one!

I like Lilydale, Karoola, Pipers River, Perth, Longford, Carrick. They are all probably 15 to 20 minutes from the CBD depending on who is driving! I'll send you a PM tonight about suburbs in Launceston ????

I love Launceston & it's surrounding towns :) If ever I move to Tassie, that is the area I would be looking & only a couple of hours drive from Cradle Mountain. 30 minutes from Deloraine (lovely place)

Well, our tickets are booked for the end of March for a quick visit, staying in Launceston. Yay! Jemmy, thank you so much for your suggestions. I've been checking out the real estate in those areas and I cant wait to visit them soon to get a feel. The house prices are very reasonable too.I had a look at Deloraine too Sheena,it looks and sounds lovely.

A little off topic...but if you are looking for somewhere to stay down there.....we thoroughly recommend this place Drumreagh at Deloraine. It is very, very reasonably priced, lovely lady & pet friendly. We have staid there often :)

Edited by sheena

Thanks sheena for the suggestion of where to stay.We have already booked a place in Launceston but I had a look at Drumreagh. Love it! I'm making a note of it in my diary though because if we come again I'll be sure to book in.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to let you know that the Hobart Canine Obedience Club does also offer Agility classes on a sunday, we have classes to suit all levels.. :)

we are based on the soldiers memorial oval on the queens domain.. & by the end of April will be moved into our new very spacious club rooms :)

heres a link to our website in case you end up in the hobart region.

http://www.hdtc.org/

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Kazhak for the info. We absolutely love Tasmania. Our trip was short but we managed to see quite a lot of places in the North. Next trip we will check out the south. The weather was beautiful while there. Loved the markets at Evandale and had the best ever Jacket potato! I really feel Tasmania is where we'll end up. Just love it!