I Love Greyhounds

Yonjuro

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kitty those photos are just amazing. We'll sleep well tonight here. If there was a Grey Walk here in Adelaide me and the westies would love to come - although Mac would have to go in his Macmobile that Perse found him! But even that would create attention!

I wish we could organise a walk on one particular date in every town and city across Australia. Greyhound owners walking through the streets with media coverage showing people our beautiful dogs.

That is a great idea, if they do one in Perth I will see if I can bring Ronin along :thumbsup:

Of course! all dogs welcome, it just shows how many people support greyhounds.

Hmmmm I'm going to put some serious thought into this and contact some media outlets, radio, papers, TV. Social media will be the one to spread the word I'm sure Every Greyhound on Facebook will promote it for me. I'm gunna need some help!

You can count me in to help promote and I am pretty sure Tigger's mum would be interested :thumbsup:

Same here! A lot of people in the rescue groups I'm involved in would support.

I'm sure the Italian Greyhound club would also love to show their big brothers support as well :)

Yep Greyhound lover here, too! I am a lover of all sighthounds, always have been, they're just gorgeous dogs! Have really loved seeing all the gorgeous Grey photos and videos, and well, muzzle ball was hilarious :laugh:

This is our Grey x Whippet having a run the other week when we had the dog park all to ourselves. We also went to a local sighthound group monthly gathering for the first time today, Lotta had a blast! Though I'm not sure if it was all of the other sighthounds she loved the most, or all of the other adults who she kept sneaking up to and nuzzling their hands until they gave her a pat! Or in some cases, just leaning on them until they gave her attention. She went back to a few people 3 or 4 times, the attention seeker she is :laugh:

IMG_3670_zpsvoaayi8g.jpg

IMG_3695_zps4eyyypxq.jpg

This is her 'camera face' as soon as she sees me trying to take a photo of her, she stops dead in her tracks and does this!

IMG_3679_zpsxecmhqda.jpg

Edited by Lillynix

Yep Greyhound lover here, too! I am a lover of all sighthounds, always have been, they're just gorgeous dogs! Have really loved seeing all the gorgeous Grey photos and videos, and well, muzzle ball was hilarious :laugh:

Great shots. I gave up trying to photograph mine due to the issue you have and that was after buying a better camera just for the dogs too! I should have known better!

ETA, Kirty's shots are incredible!!

Edited by Greyt

this is a fabulous thread! i finally got to watch all the vids and see all the pix and i so very much adore these gorgeous dogs. i don't understand how they've been given such a hellish wrap and why it has come to pass that they have been so damned mistreated and perhaps i've just answered my own question. such insanity defies logic.

i would most definitely help promote these delightfully funny and gentle dogs; and just one of the things that makes me smile really wide about these creatures is the adorable way they curl up with their mess and tangle of legs all akimbo :laugh:

this is a wonderful thread so a sincere thanks to all who contributed :)

This is our Grey x Whippet having a run the other week when we had the dog park all to ourselves. We also went to a local sighthound group monthly gathering for the first time today, Lotta had a blast! Though I'm not sure if it was all of the other sighthounds she loved the most, or all of the other adults who she kept sneaking up to and nuzzling their hands until they gave her a pat! Or in some cases, just leaning on them until they gave her attention. She went back to a few people 3 or 4 times, the attention seeker she is :laugh:

IMG_3670_zpsvoaayi8g.jpg

IMG_3695_zps4eyyypxq.jpg

This is her 'camera face' as soon as she sees me trying to take a photo of her, she stops dead in her tracks and does this!

IMG_3679_zpsxecmhqda.jpg

Lillynix she is soooo beautiful. She reminds me of Crazy Cresties Frida who you can see in this thread.

Kirty Sam is gorgeous, another lucky creature to come to the house of Kirsten :)

I have a slight obsession with greyhound ears :o

That's because they are made of the softest, silkiest, substance known to nature :heart: :laugh:

Oh they are!! I do love a wonky ear too, Stan's are either back or stuck out in what I call the "seagull" position lol Maddie's are....well....they just do whatever they want :laugh:

post-38965-0-86785700-1425538446_thumb.jpg

Given the discussions about greyhound walks, I'm part of a group who meet regularly at Parramatta Park to walk our greys. We've also welcomed along whippets, a particularly fluffy husky and whoever else is interested. All we ask is that people be mindful of the fact that some greys are breed snobs so to make sure all introductions are appropriate, and that all greys are muzzled or green collared, and leashed appropriately (actually all dogs to be leashed appropriately, but you know what I mean). If anyone would like to come along, our next one is on the 14th of March starting at 8 am (early to miss the heat. Looking forward to later starts in winter). We're on the Hills Hounds FB page.