Vale Merry Pronk Of Rivarose Ckcs's

julesluvscavs

Last week we lost a beautiful person (breeder and exhibitor) suddenly and unexpectedly in the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel world crying.gif

I and many of her friends and family are still in deep shock.

I still remember the day my husband and I met Merry at a dog show. We were there enquring with breeders about a puppy litters in the future. Merry had a young male show dog up for sale to the right person/family.

Little did we know that day, we would become her Cavalier 'Joey'' new owners (Well a few weeks later) Owning one of Merry's Cavs was a real privilege as she was always very fussy what homes her Cavaliers went to.

We went on to become good friends of hers and her Partner. Eventually she chose us (years ago) to have her beautiful foundation bitch 'Renae', when she finished breeding and showing her. She knew we would give her the best loving home ever and that she could still stay in contact with her.

Merry and her Partner (David) were very involved and active in the SA Cavalier Club and we often met up at the fun days. She always loved seeing Joey and Renae.

I loved that she was always there for us and our Cavs (which I find in important in a breeder) and when we were losing Joey and during and after, she was there for us .

When Miah our youngest Cavalier (not bred by her) had her 1st birthday party she made a huge effort to come to it with a few of her Cavaliers. I know she and everyone else had the best time that day.

She was meant to visit us in January this year , but it didn't end up happening and I really feel sad now we didn't catch up not thinking we would never see her again.

We were facebook friends so most days we would interact one way or another on our pages.

Renae is almost 13 and I never thought in my wildest dreams she would end up outliving her son Joey and her breeder Merry (Merry was only in her early 60's)

We will have many fond memories of her for years to come. She was a huge part of our lives and she will always be in my heart.

Merry's funeral will be this Thurs (26th Feb). The details are in todays Advertiser (and online) It's going a be a tough emotional one for her family and friends.

She will always be remembered for being passionate about her family, especially her 2 young Granddaughters, her Cavaliers of course and her love of the football team Sydney Swans.. She must have been one of their biggest fans (and an active one at that !)

I miss her a lot and am heartbroken i will never see or hear from her again :(

Merry with Miah at Miah's 1st birthday party

post-11918-0-39587500-1424741621_thumb.jpg

Merry with Renae a couple years ago at a Cavalier fun day

post-11918-0-07611600-1424741650_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs

When Merry moved from NSW her first home in this state was right next door to us, she was an amazing lady and a wonderful nieghbour, she only stayed for about 12 months until they bought their own home I think it was in Glengowrie.

Whenever I was at shows and went past ring one, she would always come over for a chat and that wonderful hug.

Rest in peace Merry and I know that David will love and care for your precious two and four legged family. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I can ony echo what everyone has said.

What a sad loss of a lovely and caring lady.

Merry was such a stalwart of the breed.

Jules, I am so sorry for your loss. Condolences to you and all effected by this untimely passing.

Vale, Merry.

At the Rainbow Bridge with your dearest friends.

:rainbowbridge: