Age & Speed Don't Matter

sheena

Yes I noticed that man's dog was flying over his jump even with his owners back to him. Just fabulous to watch. So well trained. I'm just making a start into dog sports. Watching clips like these give me such inspiration. I'm in ore of the abundance of 'veteran' talent.

Rally 0 is something I could try. I hope to do all this at home because my girl is too reactive to have a run with other dogs ATM anyway. Would never say never though as she has come a very long way which is wonderful.

Grumpette yes lets do a Veterans Rally O LOL ????????

Yes I noticed that man's dog was flying over his jump even with his owners back to him. Just fabulous to watch. So well trained. I'm just making a start into dog sports. Watching clips like these give me such inspiration. I'm in ore of the abundance of 'veteran' talent.

Rally 0 is something I could try. I hope to do all this at home because my girl is too reactive to have a run with other dogs ATM anyway. Would never say never though as she has come a very long way which is wonderful.

Grumpette yes lets do a Veterans Rally O LOL ????????

You are on. Veterans Rally here we come. And the signs are big enough for those of us with failing eyes to read. :laugh:

You can start to practice rally at home. I printed out the signs, laminated them and bought some mess to make the stands.

Rally is fast and focused, just what Dee loves. You can talk to and encourage them. I am sure that Stella would love Rally. You get to work close together and the praise is instant. I trust Dee doing Rally more than Open obedience as the work is constant.

Fast & focused sounds right up Stella's alley grumpette. I don't know what it exactly entails yet but it sounds like fun. I have a fair bit of work to do with Stel. Mostly fine tuning like her stays aren't proofed & her heeling is well, still a work in progress but am hoping now I seem to have her progressing well emotionally & meds are sorted I am going to try & slowly step up her training. She is a very smart little girl & a very fast learner. I am going to have to really lift my game. I have never trained a dog past the basics. So I have to learn as I go. Mostly Utube & DOL.

Yes we need to make those Rally O signs on the big side. I'm as blind as a bat without my glasses on ????

Edited by BC Crazy

• 1 month later...

Another one of Helens...she makes it look so easy :)

Published on Jun 13, 2015

Pankies is such a good girl. I had to layer the judge to the weavins and the tunnel to get to the serp after the weaves. She is so honest and always tries so hard for me. I love her so and am so lucky to have her in my life.

• 4 months later...

Pankies is such a good girl. I had to layer the judge to the weavins and the tunnel to get to the serp after the weaves. She is so honest and always tries so hard for me. I love her so and am so lucky to have her in my life.

Sadly, Helen King passed away on the 9th September. She will certainly be missed by the agility world, especially those of us who she was a role model for. She showed us all that age & speed of the handler didn't matter...we could all do it . She would have had a few dogs waiting for her at the Rainbow Bridge. RIP Helen King :rainbowbridge:

Helen%20King_zpsfi5qqage.jpg

Edited by sheena

I'm gobsmacked at so many dolers (not just this thread) being brainwashed by the media or Coke ads or whatever that they should stop living and take up crochet, origami and bonsai. I'm well into my seventies, love my Shetland ponies well enough, but have just taken on two ex-trotters (harness racing horses - not broken in to ride yet). Fed up with being stereotyped as having reached the age of invisibility and expected to fade into the background and not be part of the foreground.

People can sure be their own worst enemies when they support the propaganda. Why throw away ten or twenty potentially good years just for the sake of not bothering (as the fellow in the OP vid) to think outside the square and find a different way to get the same outcome.

Not wanting the "what if something happens to me, then what happens to the dog" argument. It probably won't happen, plus dogs can re-home well, it's usually the ego of the owner that can't cope with change.

I really resent it when anyone says to me however well-meaningly "Wow you do that well for your age". Stuff 'em. I either do it well or I do it badly, full-stop.

Love the vets Rally idea, vets athletics is fantastic, just like little athletics - commonsense handicapping isn't ageist or patronising.

Edited by PossumCorner

I'm gobsmacked at so many dolers (not just this thread) being brainwashed by the media or Coke ads or whatever that they should stop living and take up crochet, origami and bonsai. I'm well into my seventies, love my Shetland ponies well enough, but have just taken on two ex-trotters (harness racing horses - not broken in to ride yet). Fed up with being stereotyped as having reached the age of invisibility and expected to fade into the background and not be part of the foreground.

People can sure be their own worst enemies when they support the propaganda. Why throw away ten or twenty potentially good years just for the sake of not bothering (as the fellow in the OP vid) to think outside the square and find a different way to get the same outcome.

Not wanting the "what if something happens to me, then what happens to the dog" argument. It probably won't happen, plus dogs can re-home well, it's usually the ego of the owner that can't cope with change.

I really resent it when anyone says to me however well-meaningly "Wow you do that well for your age". Stuff 'em. I either do it well or I do it badly, full-stop.

Love the vets Rally idea, vets athletics is fantastic, just like little athletics - commonsense handicapping isn't ageist or patronising.

Helen started off with horses..breeding, showing & performance

• 4 months later...

...they are still there...?....

Edited by Willem