Saturday Senior

Oh Oscar :(

All paws crossed you find your forever, loving home very soon handsome boy. If I didn't have my Stella girl whom I adore to bits BUT she is a right little "B" around any other dogs.

She is the whole reason there wont be a third dog in this household as much as I'd love one...

Same here BCC although it's fostering I'd love to do again but not with Miss Maddie! Stan puts up with her bossy ways but sometimes even he looks at me and I'm like ...yeah I know buddy, I'm sorry about that :laugh:

Same here Hazy... Sonny just looks at me sometimes when Miss Stella is having a moment like, "mum, really" :laugh:

He has a lot to put up with. He adores her & they get on like a house on fire. She isn't mean to him but she loves to play bitey face & legs so she will be at him lots. She also wants to be all over him, nuzzling him & kissing him. All the while he is lying back on his bed all regal like.

:angeldevil: this symbol describes her to a tee.

She is very percessive over him though. Thats where the problems start. If another dog approaches Sonny, she will fly at them lightening fast, "rack off & get your own brother". Sonny is mine :laugh: Believe me she ain't pretty when she is mad :o

Edited by BC Crazy

I so shouldn't look at this thread - I just love the oldies. But I already have two out of three westies over 13...

4 elderly dogs, 1 elderly cat and one very elderly human make up this household. My "puppy" is 11 and a half :eek:

I hope this thread is shared and spread far and wide to give the Saturday Seniors more chances. The homes are there, they just need to be found. :)

Certainly hope that Dave did find his forever home. As for Oscar I'd adopt him in a heartbeat, he would have to be better at obedience than our 2 yr old tibbie who has been given the title of class clown :o But I'm not allowed to get another dog till we move to a bigger place.

Certainly hope that Dave did find his forever home. As for Oscar I'd adopt him in a heartbeat, he would have to be better at obedience than our 2 yr old tibbie who has been given the title of class clown :o But I'm not allowed to get another dog till we move to a bigger place.

:whip: :whip: :whip: Get cracking then :laugh: :laugh:

I think it's worth noting that all senior dogs and cats from the RSPCA shelters in Victoria, 7+ years are free to adopt. They also have a 25% discount on consultation fees at the Burwood East and Pearcedale (Peninsula) RSPCA vets for the life of the pet :thumbsup:

http://www.rspcavic.org/adoption/adopt-a-senior-pet

Edited by HazyWal

Oh more gorgeous oldies Hazy :heart: :heart: :heart:

Poor puddie cat :( Being a white cat, perhaps they got cancer on them from the sun & had to be removed???

Or fly strike perhaps ??? Dear ol' thing.

That is really great that they are free to adopt & discounts at the Vet :thumbsup: There'd be lots of folks that just can't afford the $300 plus to adopt then Vets on top. The discounts would be a very welcome enabler for most animal lovers I reckon :)

Edited by BC Crazy

Not really a post that fits in but senior fans may want to check out the sweeties we have in our retirement program for the ones staying in care while they are happy and enjoying life.

http://www.seniorsandsilkies.org.au/cherished-treasures.html

There's another one to add but not today. :( :( :( she is too young and perfect. It's not fair. :cry:

Don't scroll too far towards the bottom, that is where the memoriam is.

Edited by Powerlegs

Not really a post that fits in but senior fans may want to check out the sweeties we have in our retirement program for the ones staying in care while they are happy and enjoying life.

There's another one to add but not today. :( :( :( she is too young and perfect. It's not fair. :cry:

Cheesus - those poor dogs who have lost part of their jaw simply because of poor dental hygiene. But what an amazing program!

Oh my Anna all those beautiful faces with hope back in their eyes :heart: the retirement programme is heartwarming. To you and everyone involved in SAS a huge thank you from me xx

Thanks for posting.

Edited by HazyWal

This is Polly, she is listed as a 14 yr old female Maltese. Polly is at SADS so she is safe but it would be nice if she could find the perfect retirement home.

http://saveadog.org.au/animals-adoptions/601/small-dogs/688/

polly_zpsmkqudygm.jpg

OMG - I hope that is a "before" photographs and they have cleaned her up since. Why to people not clean up a poor little dog immediately? :mad :mad

There is a little Mini Foxie girl in urgent need in Queanbeyan pound. Lucy is 11 years old. The link is here http://www.qcc.nsw.gov.au/Council-Services/Animals/Animals-for-Sale

I have been sent some further information about her:

URGENT HELP NEEDED

Little 11 year old Lucy is due to be put to sleep on Tuesday, the 31st of March. She does have some fear aggression issues when she is around people in the pound setting, but hopefully this will ease once her life resumes some normalcy. Lucy was surrendered because her owner could no longer care for her. The Owner has had Lucy since she was a pup, fell on hard times and was living out of her car. The ranger said the owner was extremely upset when she had to leave Lucy at the pound.

Lucy will need a quiet home with a patient owner prepared to take things slowly. The rangers have seen her go from very frightened and not being able to get near to allowing them to pick her up. Every time one of the rangers came by she got excited wagging her tail and wanting their attention so it we know she will gain trust but it will take time and lots of patience. She is not suited to a home with children. If you can't take Lucy long-term, please consider fostering Lucy until a long-term home can be found for her.

There isn't an active Queanbeyan thread up in Urgent at the moment - but Lucy has been tested by ARF. Her temperament test details are available from bazilybazbaz on DOL.

post-2420-0-53716400-1427666537_thumb.jpg

Edited by trifecta