Saturday Senior

Pipi is listed as a Chi cross and is 11 years old, he has some health issues but is a dear old man :heart:

He is available at the Lost Dogs Home in Melbourne.

http://dogshome.com/dog-adoption/adoptable-dog/?petID=997239

About Pipi....

Pipi is a bright and happy older dog now looking for the right home with an owner who will care for him the rest of his life. He will make a great little companion however, being an older dog, his new owner should be aware that he may require veterinary treatment in the future for arthritis and heart disease. Little Pipi's teeth have been neglected over the years. He has had dental surgery with a lot of his teeth removed. He is now eating well and ready to find a new home. Pipi will need some extra care when first adopted and advice from our veterinary team re his ongoing dental care. Pipi has significant bilateral luxating patella's, please speak to a veterinary staff member before adopting Pipi.

Looks like Pipi may have found himself a home :thumbsup:

post-38965-0-61834600-1439611078_thumb.jpg

Edited by HazyWal

Yes it's heartbreaking considering most have given their unwavering devotion to their owner for years, then the owner just ups & takes them to the pound for no apparent reason other than their getting old. Shame on them....????

Our hearts are breaking but I'm sure it's not always the case, an elderly owner may have passed on or been passed into nursing care and grieving the loss of their pet. For those that do just pass them on for being on, I stand with you - shame on them!

I can't look too long in this thread, I miss my old girl way too much :(

Princess is an almost 9 year old greyhound who has been living as a pet but has found herself surrendered to the RSPCA's Central Coast shelter due to the owners having lease issues :mad She is quite confused and a little scared :cry: Princess is available for an adoption fee of $100.

http://adoptapet.com.au/animal/animalDetails.asp?animalType=3&state=2&searchTypeId=4&pagesize=15&task=view&tpage=5&searchType=4&animalid=441772

A little bit about me

Princess has been surrendered due to leasing conditions. Princess is truly a Princess she likes to sleep inside' she cries if its cold, She loves the company of other dogs and going for walks with her owner' she walks very well on the lead and travels well in the car.

Princess has been adopted :cheer:

post-38965-0-53083100-1440802147_thumb.jpg

Edited by HazyWal

Princess is an almost 9 year old greyhound who has been living as a pet but has found herself surrendered to the RSPCA's Central Coast shelter due to the owners having lease issues :mad She is quite confused and a little scared :cry: Princess is available for an adoption fee of $100.

Poor darling. "Lease issues" - the dog is probably 10 times cleaner, nicer and loving than the owners of the property :mad :mad

Poor darling. "Lease issues" - the dog is probably 10 times cleaner, nicer and loving than the owners of the property :mad :mad

I read it as they were renting and the home owner may not have wanted dogs (which they are entitled to)so they have surrendered her. If this is the case then that's what makes me angry.

I read it as they were renting and the home owner may not have wanted dogs (which they are entitled to)so they have surrendered her. If this is the case then that's what makes me angry.

That’s what I mean, Hazy, and what makes me very angry as well. The owner of the property probably needs cleaning up, not the dog or the renters. Reminds me of the taxi drivers (and their taxies) who refused to carry dogs. It is a bit better today, but in the days when I was taking taxies regularly, they used to make me sick just to have to sit in them. (Off Topic sorry.)

Amber is listed as a Min Pin X who is 8 years old and waiting for a new home at Save-A-Dog Scheme in Melbourne.

http://saveadog.org.au/animals-adoptions/601/small-dogs/972/

Miniature Pinscher X

Female

~8 years old

Amber is a dear little dog who loves nothing better than to be with you all day. She is also quite fearful and will need an adult home that is quiet and very stable as she does not adapt well to noise, rapid change etc. She will tolerate other dogs when out walking but will not want to share with another canine at home.

post-38965-0-90534400-1442018335_thumb.jpg

Edited by HazyWal

I've been back through the thread and almost all the ones we've listed have been adopted :thumbsup:

Sadly besides Maddy's girl Grace, the greyhounds seem to be the ones still waiting :(

So happy to see that people are opening their hearts to the precious seniors :) Such a shame about the greyhounds still waiting though, they're such beautiful, gentle dogs, I think the general public needs to hear more about GAP and other greyhound rescue groups.

Dear little Lucy Lou is listed as a Shih Tzu X Lhaso Apso and is 7 years old. She came to the shelter in a pretty bad state but the wonderful Elise and her staff have nursed her back to health and she's now a happy go lucky girl :) Lucy Lou is available form Gosford Dog Paws (pound) on the Central Coast of NSW.

http://www.gosforddogpaws.com/dogs/lucy-lou/

A bit about Lucy Lou...

Lucy Lou is quite a sweet little girl, she was very timid when she first came to us, but since being here, she is so happy, active and loving life!

She is also feeling much better health wise since being with us.

When we first got Lucy Lou she was in a terrible condition, she had a Cherry eye which we had to repair, the vet believes that the cherry eye would have been there her whole life because of how big it was, there is still a chance that it may come back in the future, but it may not as well. She had a terrible ear infection, which are so much better now after anti biotics and ear drops and also had a mammary lump removed.

Lucy is great with other dogs of all sizes and she loves to run around and play with all her doggie friends. She is great to walk on a lead and she loves human attention and cuddles! Lucy Lou would make a great little companion for someone.

She has been looking for her new home since September 2015

post-38965-0-80160400-1442629142_thumb.jpg

Edited by HazyWal

Dear little Lucy Lou is listed as a Shih Tzu X Lhaso Apso and is 7 years old. She came to the shelter in a pretty bad state but the wonderful Elise and her staff have nursed her back to health and she's now a happy go lucky girl :) Lucy Lou is available form Gosford Dog Paws (pound) on the Central Coast of NSW.

http://www.gosforddogpaws.com/dogs/lucy-lou/

A bit about Lucy Lou...

Lucy Lou is quite a sweet little girl, she was very timid when she first came to us, but since being here, she is so happy, active and loving life!

She is also feeling much better health wise since being with us.

When we first got Lucy Lou she was in a terrible condition, she had a Cherry eye which we had to repair, the vet believes that the cherry eye would have been there her whole life because of how big it was, there is still a chance that it may come back in the future, but it may not as well. She had a terrible ear infection, which are so much better now after anti biotics and ear drops and also had a mammary lump removed.

Lucy is great with other dogs of all sizes and she loves to run around and play with all her doggie friends. She is great to walk on a lead and she loves human attention and cuddles! Lucy Lou would make a great little companion for someone.

She has been looking for her new home since September 2015

I just alerted a lady on the central coast looking for a female Shihtzu type around this age - fingers crossed!!

Sydney - Foster care or new home wanted for purebred female 8 yr old Dalmation. She's got a rescue name on her and will have all vet work done.

She's great with other dogs (has lived with dogs of all sizes/sexes) and even rabbits and chickens apparently.

She's had a rough time lately and would love to find a stable and loving home!

Please let me know if you are interested!

Edited by Her Majesty Dogmad