Saturday Senior

Have shared it around. There's a 9 yr old wirehaired fox terrier at the Launceston RSPCA, poor boy ...

There's a 12 year old greyhound girl at Wyong Pound :cry: I can't get any info other than that.

Edited by HazyWal

Have shared it around. There's a 9 yr old wirehaired fox terrier at the Launceston RSPCA, poor boy ...

Pretty much the worst shelter in the state, as far as kill rate goes :(

I noticed there's also a little 11 year old terrier cross. Seems like a lot more oldies around than usual.

Pretty much the worst shelter in the state, as far as kill rate goes :(

I noticed there's also a little 11 year old terrier cross. Seems like a lot more oldies around than usual.

PAWS just had an application from Launceston so we sent them this information, really hope they get along there, the dog they applied for was a more mature male.

Todays senior is 8 year old Lola who has lived as a pet before with two children (one in a wheelchair) and two chi's. She is currently in foster care in an apartment, she is fully house trained, happily goes up and down in the lift and is not phased by the city noises when out walking. Lola prefers small dogs, she misses her little chi friends :cry: but she is not cat friendly. This beautiful gentle girl is looking for her forever home again :(

She is available from Amazing Greys in Melbourne.

http://www.amazinggreys.com.au/greyhounds-for-adoption/greyhound-for-adoption-meet-lola/

Looks like Lola has a home :D

post-38965-0-06868700-1428721626_thumb.jpg

Edited by HazyWal

What a lovely grey Lola is. Gorgeous girl & a temp. to match by all accounts. Nothing much seem to faze this girl. Not city life, lights or even elevators. What a beauty ????

I hope she finds a loving home with a little dog or 2 for company. Poor girl is missing her little friends.

Edited by BC Crazy

There are so many older greyhounds being returned lately it makes me sad :(

To go from a racing life to being part of a family and then boom...out again and start over. People have their reasons but still... :cry:

Yes it's so sad :( through no fault of their own.

Once they stop winning they are often out the door too. It really infuriates & upsets me. As soon as money comes into anything. Nothing else matters...

Edited by BC Crazy

Yes it's so sad :( through no fault of their own.

Once they stop winning they are often out the door too. It really infuriates & upsets me. As soon as money comes into anything. Nothing else matters...

If it wasn't for greyhound racing I wouldn't have Stan and Maddie though. Greyhounds love the pet life and most adapt well so like in the case of Grace from Maddy being returned five years after living as a pet is sad for me. They are sensitive dogs so would miss their family :(

Yes I realise that Haz. Not all race home are crook. It just annoys me that some are treated poorly & tossed away.

Greys make such great pets. From my limited experience I have had with them they do seem very sensitive souls. I'm surprised with the the ones I have meet how quickly they adapt to family life from the racing world. That amazed me really.