Saturday Senior

Patch is a 7 year old whippet who is looking for his forever home at SADS in Melbourne Victoria. His profile gives no info so I'm guessing he's a newbie and not much is known about him. Please contact SADS for any info.

http://saveadog.org.au/animals-adoptions/601/medium-large-dogs/785/

Thanks to the wonderful Dogmad (again :D ) Patch has been adopted and will have not only a wonderful furever home but an 8 year old whippet brother!!

:thanks: Jane and Iggy Rescue.

Patch is a 7 year old whippet who is looking for his forever home at SADS in Melbourne Victoria. His profile gives no info so I'm guessing he's a newbie and not much is known about him. Please contact SADS for any info.

http://saveadog.org.au/animals-adoptions/601/medium-large-dogs/785/

Thanks to the wonderful Dogmad (again :D ) Patch has been adopted and will have not only a wonderful furever home but an 8 year old whippet brother!!

:thanks: Jane and Iggy Rescue.

Thank you HW, it is always a pleasure to help them find a great home! Patch turned out to be 8 yrs old as well so his adopter thought it was just meant to be.

He was turned away by SADs initially as they had a load of potential adopters coming in but then they called him next morning to say Patch was still in need of a home and the rest is history as they say!!

I couldn't decide this week so I have two golden oldies to list.

First up is Bella the Boxer. Bella was surrendered to the shelter as her owners could not look after her anymore, she loves kisses and cuddles and is in good health. She seems to get on with all types of animals she meets at the shelter. Bella is available from the Illawarra RSPCA in NSW :heart:

http://www.adoptapet.com.au/animal/animalDetails.asp?animalType=3&state=2&searchTypeId=4&pagesize=15&task=view&tpage=3&searchType=4&animalid=422985

post-38965-0-39436400-1431145292_thumb.jpg

Edited by HazyWal

Second is Sandy the Labrador.

Sandy is 13 and a half years old and does have arthritis which she is being treated for. She is a happy loving old soul who loves all other animals and kids she really needs a warm home this winter. Sandy is available from the Somersby RSPCA on the Central Coast NSW.

http://www.adoptapet.com.au/animal/animalDetails.asp?animalType=3&state=2&searchTypeId=4&pagesize=15&task=view&tpage=5&searchType=4&animalid=421872

* I must make note that Somersby is a wonderful shelter that is the local one back home. They will definately work with REPUTABLE rescue, myself and Maddy have worked with them to rescue greyhounds from the shelter and the manager and staff are fantastic. They would bend over backwards to get this old girl out of the shelter environment I'm sure.

post-38965-0-67604800-1431146268_thumb.jpg

Edited by HazyWal

First up is Bella the Boxer. Bella was surrendered to the shelter as her owners could not look after her anymore, she loves kisses and cuddles and is in good health. She seems to get on with all types of animals she meets at the shelter. Bella is available from the Illawarra RSPCA in NSW :heart:

http://www.adoptapet.com.au/animal/animalDetails.asp?animalType=3&state=2&searchTypeId=4&pagesize=15&task=view&tpage=3&searchType=4&animalid=422985

Gorgeous - I wonder if my work colleague has seen this, i'll send to her as she's actively seeking an older Boxer!!

Gorgeous - I wonder if my work colleague has seen this, i'll send to her as she's actively seeking an older Boxer!!

Oh good please do! :thumbsup:

She was making the call yesterday - fingers crossed!!

:crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers:

:crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers:

May it please be so.

:heart:

Greyhound Rescue Sydney have two oldies that have just come in from a pound after they were surrendered when their owner passed away. They urgently need out of their kennels and must be rehomed together. Buddie (aged 12) and Wendy (aged 13) are classed as "sanctuary dogs" meaning GR will pay all their vet bills for the rest of their days. They seem to be in good health and deserve better than cold kennels after living as pets :(

They have no photos of them and they are not yet listed on their website but there is a short video on GR's facebook page posted May 13th.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Greyhound-Rescue/214189698601635

Buddie & Wendy look just delightful & very spritely considering their age.

Also loved Angus & Malcom on that site Hazy. They are another elderly pair in need of help. Gorgeous ????

I think it's so good that they are eligible to be sanctuary dogs. That if such a bonus for anyone that is seriously considering adopting them. I had never heard of this before. Wonderful concept ????

Edited by BC Crazy

Sorry I have messed this post up, but Sadly the old girl Y4 has had her deposit fall off so she is again in need. Fingers crossed for her. Only has until Tuesday 3.00pm. See DAS thread in urgent rescues.

YARD 4 Female Crossbreed

Cage/Handling/Health - She came and sat for the lead to be put on. On the way to the yard she did a wee and very sensitive to any pressure on the lead. She has fly bitten ears and has what looks like a bit of a flea allergy around her rump. She is a little underweight, she seems to be lacking some muscle tone along her topline. She is incredibly responsive to any correction. She was happy to be handled

Training - She knows sit, walks well on lead, drop and stay. She kept sitting in the heel position and will lean into the handler for reassurance.

Wheelie Bin - She was unsure of the bin and sat and leaned into the handler for reassurance.

Food Guarding - She walked away from the bowl as soon as the hand went into it.

Dog to dog - With Yard 32 Vinnie she was really good and wanted to play and became more animated. When Vinnie was being silly she told him to behave himself but nothing sinister.

Fence jumping pen - She did look at the top and attempt to jump however she is not as young as she used to be so she was unable to do it. She became stressed in the pen.

Description - This lovely old girl is a loyal lady that wants to be with her people. She loves to be cuddled. She has great basic training and is great on lead. She at times seemed confused by the commands so we spoke to her in different languages and she responded most to European languages. She is underweight and has lost some muscle tone along her topline also. She is good with other polite dogs and actually became quite animated and playful. She is a gorgeous old duck that is so deserving at her loving home to live out her twilight years.

Yard-4-face-560x642.jpg

Edited by sarsaparilla

They are both gorgeous old ducks alright. So well behaved even in such different & anxious circumstances.

I am always looking on our pound & rescue pages & it always never ceases to amaze & deeply sadden me at the sheer number of lovely dogs,especially working dogs (my personal fav's) that are just dropped off or dumped for a multitude of reasons. Some genuine but some just plain heartless & pathetic. Poor dogs ???? all they want is to be a loved family member.

The upside is all the wonderful hard working pound & foster folk that open their hearts & doors to these beauties. Another aspect that blows me away is how most of them can adapt to their new living conditions in no time at all. Eg. A Kelpie off some property out the back of the nevers finds a foster home in suburbia.They wouldn't of seen anything much apart from a lot of dirt. Yet they adapt usually so well & within weeks to every part of their new life. Just so resilient & brave.

Edited by BC Crazy

Good news Y4 the second dog at DAS has a deposit. :thumbsup:

The first one Y33 is still in need and only has tomorrow to find safety. She is at the pound because of a marriage breakup and sounds like a gorgeous dog. :crossfingers:

Edited by sarsaparilla