Wheaten Terriers In Rescue

I have a Google alert to let me know if there are any wheaten terriers that turn up in rescue. I haven't found one yet that has come close.

This one, for example. You see, Starting Over Dog Rescue in Victoria, the name "wheaten terrier" comes from their colour, the colour of ripening wheat. If you are selling this dog as a wheaten terrier, then I'd suggest you get your eyes checked.

http://www.petrescue.com.au/listings/346175

I have a Google alert to let me know if there are any wheaten terriers that turn up in rescue. I haven't found one yet that has come close.

This one, for example. You see, Starting Over Dog Rescue in Victoria, the name "wheaten terrier" comes from their colour, the colour of ripening wheat. If you are selling this dog as a wheaten terrier, then I'd suggest you get your eyes checked.

http://www.petrescue...listings/346175

:laugh:

umm! Cross breed dogs are exactly that. Maybe it takes after the other parent in colour. Maybe it's even a mixed breed. The rescue is trying to improve its prospects of finding a home and they must think wheatens are sought after.

Personally I quite like the poor pooch. It is an awful photo and I hope he finds a good home.

http://www.petrescue...listings/346175

Thanks Sheridan I needed that belly laugh - every time I think of it I catch myself shaking my head! rofl1.gifrofl1.gifrofl1.gifrofl1.gif

umm! Cross breed dogs are exactly that. Maybe it takes after the other parent in colour. Maybe it's even a mixed breed. The rescue is trying to improve its prospects of finding a home and they must think wheatens are sought after.

Personally I quite like the poor pooch. It is an awful photo and I hope he finds a good home.

Except he's not listed as a cross breed, he's listed as a wheaten terrier (full name: soft-coated wheaten terrier) which are the colour of wheat.

Except he's not listed as a cross breed, he's listed as a wheaten terrier (full name: soft-coated wheaten terrier) which are the colour of wheat.

Yeah, sorry my mistake

Wrong and misleading. I have also experienced this - I replied to a Petrescue ad rehoming an Italian Greyhound. I emailed and said "how do you know this dog is a purebred Italian Greyhound". They didn't of course but thought it made the mongrel much more interesting ... it was changed after I explained they were misleading people. It wasn't even an Iggy cross ....

:mad

Edited by Her Majesty Dogmad

Having said that that is where Rosie came from. She was marked as quiet, well trained and responsive to commands. Also fine left home of a day and non-vocal.

She is literally none of these things, haha.

• 1 month later...