Eww Wtf Was That?

Last week I noticed Champa had a small lump on his front leg. It was about 3/4 the size of a pea. It was firm, mobile, contained to the skin layer. I was cutting nails tonight and realised the lump had more than doubled in size - now about twice as big as a pea. I put a 22g needle in it but was unable to suck anything out. So I widened the hole and squeezed the lump... A whole heap of black/grey chunky pus came out!! There was no smell and he didn't seem too bothered by it but OMG I have never seen anything like it!! I flushed the empty hole with betadine and wrapped it to stop it refilling.

Any ideas what it would be? I googled black pus and it came up with a band lol. So gross!!

Edited by *kirty*

Maybe a sebacious cyst of some type? One my old Dobe had one on her leg, we actually cut it out as she was getting some other "things" removed, turned out it was like a really big, but under the skin black head type thing. She got the odd one down the track and I used to stab them with a 18g needle and squeeze them and grey/black but fairly firm gunk would come out.

It is a sebaceous cyst. You may have to keep squeezing it a bit to keep it open and draining. And it never hurts to dribble a little peroxide into the hole. That will help clean up any more gunk. Just in the first few days

OMG Kirty! :vomit:

Sorry, I have no idea what it is. I'm always intrigued by a photo with an eww warning. :o

That has got to be better out than in!

Me too.

Glad I'm not alone. :laugh:

Hopefully it's healing up well now Kirty. :)

• 2 weeks later...