Qui The Bergamasco Shepherd Dog Puppy!

Miss Squish

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I havent met him yet, but Qui is changing so much every week!! This photo is the latest one, taken a few days ago :)

His name is pronounced Kwee, & means "Here" in Italian.

Westiemum, As i will be showing him, his coat will be left in full flocks! I havent seen a Bergamasco with the coat brushed, but some owners cut the flocks shorter so its easier to manage.

Lots of photos to come as his coat changes. The flocks will start to form at approx 9 months old.

post-16362-0-52959000-1425716023_thumb.jpg

I think you are very brave taking this breed on from what I've read about the maintenance requirements.

It will be good to have more in the ring.

How many in the litter and have they all gone go show homes?

Very cuteness :)

----> stupid question alert :o

(as you already know) in the long haired poundies they often have painful matting that gets clippered off. How do people make sure their corded dogs aren't hurt by their dreadlocks.... is there an art to it or a certain type of grooming? I'm guessing yes and it's a lot of work. lol

Poochmad - the flocks dont go all the way to the skin, which allows for airflow, so no skin issues, and so that the flocks dont pull on their skin! Thats just the way they form naturally :)

I might see if one of the 3 Bergamasco owners in Australia might join the forum to explain more about the breed & coat as I obviously havent owned the breed before :) They are also not as high maintenance as they look to be :)

• 2 weeks later...