Grazed Nose?

I'm guessing that the walker takes multiple dogs out at a time? Not a fan of those after seeing one open their van at a busy dog park and around 7 unrestrained dogs piled out and started causing havoc... and the "walker" couldn't (or wouldn't) do anything to control any of them.

T.

To be honest - I don't know, but I'm pretty sure she doesn't do more than 2 or 3 per walk and I have given the OK for her to walk him with other clients if she wants or needs to. She came highly recommended by a family member and I know Scottie ADORES her. She's very good with him and I've seen (well, heard) them interact when she hasn't realised I've been home. That being said, she was done a few things I haven't been such a huge fan of (feeding him smackos without permission, trying to clicker train him without running it past me). So .... hrm.... anyhow... We move and finish up with her in a few weeks but I really need her in the mean time So I'm just going to chalk this one up to dog's being dogs.

Snaps happen - and sometimes they connect . He may NOT have been in a fight - someone just gave him a message . Shame the walker didn't explain that , then you would have understood - makes me wonder what else she doesn't mention ..... "what happens on dog walk , STAYS on dog walk " ? How is he this morning?

He's fine thanks Perse. I suspect - now you lot have convinced me it's a bite - that maybe someone elses teeth got between him and his ball - he's very focused when that ball is around. She normally takes a soft toy to toss around and tug, not a ball so maybe it just got out of hand, er, paw?

And yes - I do think what happens on walk stays on walk but as I said, he adores her and he's quite sensitive - if he didn't enjoy being around her I wouldn't keep using her. And as I said - I really need her at the moment. Lots going on in life which means his daily walks aren't always as wonderfully exciting as he thinks they should be.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm doesn't look like a bite to me :/ it's certainly not a graze. Could he have shoved his nose under a fence or in a shrub chasing a ball? Maddie scored herself a nice puncture wound in her shoulder a few weeks ago from a gnarly old plum tree near the fence as she was chasing the dog next door along the fence line. Maybe she didn't notice, I didn't see the one Maddie had :o

Edited by HazyWal

The very best remedy for puncture wounds in animals or humans is Ichthammol ointment from the chemist. It will draw out any infection so there is no need for antibiotics. My family have used it since before I was born and were put onto to it be a greyhound trainer. It heals up any injury that doesn't need stitching and is also perfect to draw out abscesses and sebaceous cysts. Just bath the wound and slather on a few times a day. Harmless if the dog licks it too.

The very best remedy for puncture wounds in animals or humans is Ichthammol ointment from the chemist. It will draw out any infection so there is no need for antibiotics. My family have used it since before I was born and were put onto to it be a greyhound trainer. It heals up any injury that doesn't need stitching and is also perfect to draw out abscesses and sebaceous cysts. Just bath the wound and slather on a few times a day. Harmless if the dog licks it too.

Good to know!

Good to know!

+1

Handy to know.

Just a word of warning with the Ichthammol for those that have never used it, it's thick, black and if the wound can't be covered it will stain what ever it touches and you'll never get it out. I've never used it on my dogs but I've used it on myself and learned this lesson the hard way...as I do lol

Just a word of warning with the Ichthammol for those that have never used it, it's thick, black and if the wound can't be covered it will stain what ever it touches and you'll never get it out. I've never used it on my dogs but I've used it on myself and learned this lesson the hard way...as I do lol

so it's a bit like the good ol'FLINT's medicated oil? That too is magic - but the smell!!!

so it's a bit like the good ol'FLINT's medicated oil? That too is magic - but the smell!!!

Dunno what that is Perse but yeah this stuff looks like vegemite but really thick and it smells like sump oil lol

As Dancinbcs said it's magic stuff though.

FLINTS

"

There's only one reason a product remains available for more than 100 years! FLINT'S MEDICATED OILâ„¢ has been a trusted treatment since 1892. Safe, gentle and soothing to use on open wounds, it repels flies, has a lonf last effecting and heals from the inside out.

Cresol BP is widely used as a disinfectant and bacteriacide. It is absorbed and metabolised in the same way as phenol. Cresol kills both gram-positive and gram-negative pathogens which cause infections and has a depressing effect on spores. It prevents the formation of proud flesh, repels flies from the wound site enabling the wound to heal naturally without further side effects to the already damaged flesh. FLINT'S MEDICATED OILâ„¢ is safe, gentle and soothing to use, has a long lasting effect, and is ideal for use on heavy cuts and lacerations."

I learnt this the hard way too embarrass.gif

But it is very effective for splinters!