Keeshond Looking For A New Home

Thanks for the cool name suggestions, Mrs Rusty Bucket, I actually quite like Milla too. Reagan's cute too, she does remind me of a little rain cloud :)

She's much more active than our last Keeshond, I think she'd love to have a go at agility or something else that's high energy. Her recall isn't disastrous at all but she gets so overexcited by people and any attention and goes into a frenzy of licking. She licks my jeans and shoes :laugh:

I'm just rewarding calm behaviour but really I think it will just be time and exposure to more people and situations that makes the difference. She is doing so well really though, I'm very happy with her behaviour overall.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys :) It's nice to have some support as not everyday is easy with a rescue dog (or any dog, as everyone knows!)

The pouring rain is really fun with a fluff ball that needs exercising, medicating, grooming... Lol.

That's two votes for Milla, that could be it!

Hi Brightstar

I'm not entirely sure.

I was thinking me (like me too) and la - like singing lalalala

me-la but it would be really hard to make mi la sound different unless you rhymed "la" with cat

it could be meh lah too. Hmm maybe I should look up my german text.

Trying to think of another german word with mi ... berlin - pretty much burr - leen. but with a shorter ee sound.

Found a youtube german reading the alphabet. It's ee or at least capital I is ee as in free...

I was thinking similar to "miller" but "meelah"... more girly.

Does that help?

I don't think it matters as long as you can yell it and not get any humans responding. Way too many dogs called Sally and Molly if you ask me.

In those pics you can see the extra black wispy bits of hair coming off the sides/back of the ears which made me think she was definitely a cross, also the darker shading on the paws. The ruff under the chin and on the chest seems very dark for a Keeshond too, but it's hard to tell if lighter hair could grow back there now. She seems pretty flashy in her gait for a Keeshond too, but I'm no expert.

Either way she's pretty cute. Lots of spark and fizz and keen for a job to do :)

She's lovely brightstar. She smiling & looks so happy with life now,along with a spring in her step to boot. Really wonderful turn around. Big thanks to you.

I'm not familar with this breed so I'm unsure if she isn't a full Keeshound. She is so pretty though. Her coat is flourishing as well ????

Yes I have reported the previous owners, particularly as there were other dogs on the property and I didn't even see the state of those poor creatures. Excuses were made but at the end of the day, this dog would have been better off being surrendered a long time ago :banghead:

I have some feedback from a breeder that she is likely to be purebred. In my experience it's not really a breed that the backyard breeders have got hold of yet? The only Keeshonds I have met have been from registered breeders and even then I've only seen a few in Sydney. There are quite a few breeders listed on DOL that are located to the north-west of Sydney, which is where this girl came from, so it's possible. The owners argued at length that she was purebred and that they paid $1400 for her... who knows what the truth is though.

Anyway, I'm really not sure about that crazy ear hair though :laugh: