Help Needed For Pei Rescue

I'm not sure if this is against the rules, I couldn't see anything specific so I thought I'd give this a try (feel free to remove if it is)

Rainy Day Rescue have taken in 9 Shar Pei and Pei crosses since just before Christmas.

This has equated to lots of money spent on transportation (as most of have been from NSW & QLD and we're in VIC), desexing, fighting infections and skins issues and most importantly entropion surgeries.

We're a small special needs rescue and I'm sure many of you can understand that that means a lot more outgoing $ than incoming.

We're working on organising a few fundraising activities and adoption days but of course that takes time.

If anyone could help out in the mean time with a few dollars that would be really appreciated. Sophie (Mrs Rainy Day) is stretched physically, financially and emotionally, yet I've never seen her say no to a dog that has no other option.

If you want to know more about Rainy Day check out the FB Page here https://www.facebook.com/rainydayrescue

If you want to help please go here http://www.gofundme.com/rainydaypei

Thanks for reading :flower:

Leah

Leah, thank you for posting about Rainy Day Rescue. I'd not heard of them before. Visited their Facebook page, which is a delight. Their dogs are so nicely described & I love the photos. Lucky dogs indeed that come into their care.

Thanks Mita :) Mrs Rainy Day has been in the rescue game for a very long time but it's often been behind the scenes and assisting other rescues, but Rainy Day itself is relatively new

I came on board last year to help with some grooming and then as the adoptions co-ordinator as Sophie's energies are mostly spent getting the dogs in and getting them the help they need.

Here's the Pet Rescue page as well

http://www.petrescue.com.au/groups/10697

Rainy Day Rescue appeared in my News Feed a while ago and I have to admit that it is one of my favourites. Mrs Rainy Day sounds quite an extraordinary character (and her comments often leave me scratching my head :laugh: :laugh: ) and I read her comments and stories about the dogs with great pleasure and sympathy.

Tell Mrs RD, I'm adding their Facebook page to the little pile of rescue group links that I show people who've never thought of adopting a rescue dog before. These links show the knowledge, expertise, love and care that go into the dogs. Great for the dogs, great for the adopters.

BTW Isn't Cho Cho gorgeous... can't believe she's 13! Love her attitude. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hopefully a little money will come your way with our upcoming day at the shop. We'll be donating a raffle for you to see tickets for if that helps? Should have lots of customers to buy sausages etc and hopefully some wonderful new homes.

Sags

:)

Hopefully a little money will come your way with our upcoming day at the shop. We'll be donating a raffle for you to see tickets for if that helps? Should have lots of customers to buy sausages etc and hopefully some wonderful new homes.

Sags

:)

:thumbsup: can't wait