Jack Russel X Papilon

Posting here as sure rescue may know more info on temperaments

jack Russel x Papilon

a friends daughter has to rehome her 2 female pups due to having to move

it was just a quick call so not sure exactly how old , she said pups

but I beleive they maybe about 12 months

I am considering , depending on how the tempermant would be

I would talk more to the owner before I make any decissions

I would prefer to get one so it doesnt end up in some wrong hands and used for breeding

I would have her desexed as I have all my other dogs

so could anyone give me a idea of what this cross would be like ,

tempremant

possible sizing

etc

I have a CKCS desexed female

Thanks

Yes I had thought of doing that last night and have a trial

but after talking to my girlfriend

the dog is 8 months old and had no injections , vax's etc :(

so not keen of bringing her into my home even for a trial

and she hasnt got the time before she moves to do the vax's etc

so dont want to risk my dog picking anything up

I was willing to try and help her and get her desexed and all vax

If your dog is vaccinated and the dog has come from a home and not been in a pound situation the risk would be low I think. It doesn't sound like she's had very good care does it? :(

To be honest I couldn't live with a terrier but that's me. Lots of people love them.

If your dog is vaccinated and the dog has come from a home and not been in a pound situation the risk would be low I think. It doesn't sound like she's had very good care does it? :(

To be honest I couldn't live with a terrier but that's me. Lots of people love them.

Gretel is right, if your dog is vaccinated and this dog is from a home you should be fine.

I take dogs surrendered by owners regularly - some of them haven't EVER been to a vet and they are 10+.

I get them vaccinated and keep them inside for 14 days so that the vaccination takes effect and then they can go out like normal dogs.

It isn't responsible not to vaccinate puppies but this person doesn't sound all that great so not surprising.

Yes

my girl has all her vet work up to date and wormed , heartwormed etc

didnt think of that , it was mainly this pup bringing anything in

I think they have lacked the essentials for their dogs :(

I dont beleive they are BYB , just silly not having desexed dogs

Gretel , having CKCS it is said they normally like their own kind , any thoughts on this

as my girl is sensitive in nature and dont want to upset her

HMD - I just would hate to see this little girl end up being used or maybe having a litter herself as she isnt desexed , and I know rescues are full at the moment over here

I have been looking for a companion for Ruby, just this one has come along and I feel as though could give it a good home ( I know I could ) lol

My only thoughts would be that you should look at both puppies and that possibly the male would be a better match.

Having had both Papillon and JRTs (I have a JRT at the moment), they are both busy dogs when young. JRTs are always busy.

It would be good to know if perhaps the JRT or Papillon was uppermost in either dog. If it's JRT then the female may not be great for your own girl.

JRTs are full on and frequently quite dominant types. Mine's a little menace - I just rehomed 2 foster dogs, one of whom she loved to chase around with. When they left, I wondered what she'd do and she entertained herself by chasing my 2 Italian Greyhounds around.

She's settled down now but at 13 is still a very feisty and busy dog.

Thanks for the replies

Glad I asked here about the breeds

I have heard before JRT can be full on as you say

I having a feeling that maybe she may not be right for my cav , especially if she becomes a dominant type

I do know mine got on very well with my older Cocker Spaniel , and gets on well with mums older CKCS , and Tynka and Ruby got on very well when Ruby arrived

I do appreciate the feedback , would love to see this pup in the right home , might try and help her find a home for her

Thank you

I'm sure the pups could be rehomed by a good rescue group, it's even better if they have a ready made foster carer .....

Most people want young dogs and the biggest percentage want young female dogs ....

Someone I know thru work who is in Adelaide, had a family member just rehome one of their dogs and it was a disaster so dog came back. Sounds like the new owner was unbalanced. It's really important to get help rather than just try to rehome on your own, you could get lucky but you could get unlucky too.

Thank you

I will recommend some rescues for her to try

hopefully she will do that and not let her go to someone undesexed , which I know probally will happen :(

as much as I wanted to help the pup , and do the right thing for it , dont think it possible