2015 Brags Thread

I went looking for this years' brag thread, and there wasn't one!

Well my awesome little monkey boy, Zimri, finally got his third CCD pass today, earning his first obedience title and his third title (each in different dog sports) this week. He earnt his Dances with Dogs freestyle Starters last weekend and his Rally Excellent title last night. Pending confirmation for all three, he will now be known as Ch Llandwyn Crescent Moon (AI) CCD RE HTMS FSS. Onto the NSW Corgi specialty show tomorrow, and the versatile corgi event, and agility next weekend!

Well my awesome little monkey boy, Zimri, finally got his third CCD pass today, earning his first obedience title and his third title (each in different dog sports) this week. He earnt his Dances with Dogs freestyle Starters last weekend and his Rally Excellent title last night. Pending confirmation for all three, he will now be known as Ch Llandwyn Crescent Moon (AI) CCD RE HTMS FSS. Onto the NSW Corgi specialty show tomorrow, and the versatile corgi event, and agility next weekend!

Woohooo! :champagne::thumbsup::cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Wow - way to set the bar really high for the first brag on here for 2015, CC. You must be so proud of your little man .. he's a credit to you, and definitely on a roll. Isn't it fun when the dots all start to connect. And it's so nice to be able to show that the various sports complement each other rather than conflicting as some people would say.

What a versatile little man you have. Well done on your first obedience title thumbsup1.gif

Thanks everyone. He's a really fun dog to work with, and does everything with vim and enthusiasm. Aside from occasionally offering sit pretty at the end of a recall (which isn't 'technically' illegal, but very funny, according to the judges he's offered it under), he's never had an issue with multiple dog sports.

Well done CC!! That is great news! thumbsup1.gif

Couple of brags here. Ruby finally managed to get her JDM title a few weekends ago biggrin.gif

And I finally bit the bullet and entered Pippa in obedience (novice). After a couple of absolutely beautiful rounds, but the springs coming uncoiled in the last 30 seconds of the down stay (BOING!!), 3rd time lucky we finally managed to crack our first pass and a win! Go Ninja!! winner.gif

post-25061-0-49127700-1427640113_thumb.jpg

Edited by RubyStar

Couple of brags here. Ruby finally managed to get her JDM title a few weekends ago biggrin.gif

And I finally bit the bullet and entered Pippa in obedience (novice). After a couple of absolutely beautiful rounds, but the springs coming uncoiled in the last 30 seconds of the down stay (BOING!!), 3rd time lucky we finally managed to crack our first pass and a win! Go Ninja!! winner.gif

And I was lucky enough to see it thumbsup1.gif It was a cracker of a round and everybody stops to watch you in the ring. Love her to bits.

Well done mate

1427640169[/url]' post='6670725']

Well done! Go the mini schnauzers!

Notice they aren't using standard ANKC pass cards over your way? Hate the horrible A4 things we now have!! Waste of trees in the long run

Notice they aren't using standard ANKC pass cards over your way? Hate the horrible A4 things we now have!! Waste of trees in the long run

You're right, that one doesn't appear to be. However, the ANKC ones we do get here are certainly not A4 size! Majority are still the same size as this one (A5? or whatever half of A4 is).

:thumbsup: Well done RS - was nearly going to prompt you if you didn't post :rofl:

laugh.gif

And I was lucky enough to see it thumbsup1.gif It was a cracker of a round and everybody stops to watch you in the ring. Love her to bits.

Well done mate

Naww you're too kind embarrass.gif

They are going to take over the woooooorld!!!! :D How's Waldo going?

Great work, Rubystar! It's an amazing feeling when it all comes together like that.

Certainly is thumbsup1.gif

I'm just a little proud after agility last weekend. :)

We had 11 runs (11 + 1 Not for comp) with 3 dogs, all in all in the same height class at an our ADAA comp on the Gold Coast.

Xena just had the 3 comp runs - we did Open Agility as NFC so I could do some ongoing panel beating on her contacts. She came away with 3 from 3. 2nd in advanced agility, first in open jumping and a Q with her partner in the pairs event.

Wikki came home with 3 from 4. She suffered handler malfunction in Open Agility, but managed third in both Advanced agility and Open Jumping, plus Q'd in Pairs with her partner. (Jumping up one height on her usual class.)

Duke......well......Duke isn't my dog, but I've started running him this year. He runs VERY differently to my dogs - has a tendancy to run long and cast wide, more because his owner has allowed it in her training than because of his ability to turn and run tight. (Not talking out of school and she's amazed and wrapped that we are fixing it.) Regardless he is very well trained and we just keep getting better all the time. He also came home with 3 from 4. First in Advanced Agility, First in Open Agility and a Q in Pairs. (He too jumped one height up.) Just one small training gap I wasn't aware of stood between us and a perfect night - we took the wrong end of a tunnel in Open jumping.

Can't wait for this weekend - I'm taking all three away for a 3 day trial. Just hoping it isn't too damp!

1427894196[/url]' post='6672170']
1427683547[/url]' post='6670860']

:thumbsup: Well done RS - was nearly going to prompt you if you didn't post :rofl:

laugh.gif

1427707330[/url]' post='6671037']

Well done mate

Naww you're too kind embarrass.gif

1427714074[/url]' post='6671111']

They are going to take over the woooooorld!!!! :D How's Waldo going?

1427717345[/url]' post='6671141']

Great work, Rubystar! It's an amazing feeling when it all comes together like that.

Certainly is thumbsup1.gif

He is doing well! We are both trying to get our heads around UD. We are making progress and hope to enter towards the end of the year. Entered CDX at Easter to keep us both sharp! Not that he needs help to be sharp as he has some creative ideas in UD at times. Glad he didn't get involved in the rules review. rofl1.gif

He is doing well! We are both trying to get our heads around UD. We are making progress and hope to enter towards the end of the year. Entered CDX at Easter to keep us both sharp! Not that he needs help to be sharp as he has some creative ideas in UD at times. Glad he didn't get involved in the rules review. rofl1.gif

How is he at holding metal? Pippa struggles to pick it up and when she finally does, her little teeth chatter while she holds it!

We are very proud of you and Waldo getting your CDX and heading for UD! I can only hope we'll get there, too! I'm plugging away at UD with a certain blonde Labrador, so if she hasn't driven me absolutely bonkers by the time it is Pippa's turn, I may continue... laugh.gif

Edited by RubyStar

1427971314[/url]' post='6672618']
1427964827[/url]' post='6672575']

How is he at holding metal? Pippa struggles to pick it up and when she finally does, her little teeth chatter while she holds it!

We are very proud of you and Waldo getting your CDX and heading for UD! I can only hope we'll get there, too! I'm plugging away at UD with a certain blonde Labrador, so if she hasn't driven me absolutely bonkers by the time it is Pippa's turn, I may continue... laugh.gif

Waldo doesn't mind the metal at all. He seems to have more trouble identifying the wood. If he can't find it he sits in the middle of the articles and returns via a jump, a perfect combination of scent discrimination and directed jumping!

Waldo doesn't mind the metal at all. He seems to have more trouble identifying the wood. If he can't find it he sits in the middle of the articles and returns via a jump, a perfect combination of scent discrimination and directed jumping!

laugh.gif For Pippa it's just the actual picking up of the metal she just can't get her little mouth around. She identifies them ok, but can't wrap her little chops around the metal unless it is slightly raised off the ground. We really need the raised dumbbell types that the US uses!

1428030690[/url]' post='6672936']
1428030110[/url]' post='6672933']
1427971314[/url]' post='6672618']
1427964827[/url]' post='6672575']

laugh.gif For Pippa it's just the actual picking up of the metal she just can't get her little mouth around. She identifies them ok, but can't wrap her little chops around the metal unless it is slightly raised off the ground. We really need the raised dumbbell types that the US uses!

These two really need to meet up!

• 4 weeks later...

Been a while since I've ventured into the brags thread, but today's effort deserves a mention. Cash gained his Herding Championship title at the ASCV trial, gaining the final pass needed with a nice score of 90 and first place. It has been a long, hard road to this point and I have learnt a lot, in particular that persistence pays off! Cash will now be retired from the trial ring and become the stock setting dog, a job he enjoys far more than the precision of trial work.

Paperwork pending, introducing HCH Cash Me If You Can HXAs HIBsd HNAd HSAc ET.

post-8207-0-24130200-1429951121_thumb.jpg

Huge congratulations SM. :thumbsup:

I'm sorry I missed Cash's run today, it must have been amazing. I am so thrilled for you mate, well done :) Yes, all your hard work and persistence has paid off. Go Cashman!!!

Will see you tomorrow :)