Mini Dog Clippers Where Can I Buy Them ?

I had a lovely rechargeable tiny mini dog clipper for my little puppies & dropped them :eek:

They were only $35 & were terrific but the person in the shop where I got them can't seem to get them in again. I can't remember the brand.

I have internet searched & can only find ones from China, which I don't want, or battery ones.

Can anyone recommend anywhere I can find them again ?

Any of the small trimmers that are rechargeable/ cordless that sit in a recharging station can be used plugged directly into mains as well. Just put the cord directly into the clipper instead of the recharging station. Most small trimmers seem to have gone up in price. If you were just using them for face feet etc on puppies, the Wahl BravMini would probably suit. It just has the one fine blade equivalent to 15/30 blade length. Places like petnetwork or clipper world could sort you out with a small rechargeable clipper. Also hairdresser supply stores stock stuff like this but some of them are wholesale only.

Hi guys, I'm thinking of getting one of these small trimmers too and need some advice please.

I have 2 dogs, always gone to groomers every 6 weeks for 7 & 4 years. The 7 year old is too ill to go and the 4 year old will die of fear if I send him on his own.

I need to give a hygiene cut to the 4yo. Should I put him on the table to do this or could I just let him stand on ground while I'm bending over backwards shaving him? I don't have a grooming table, would the dining table do with a grip mat?

And is it like using a number 1 or 2 buzz cut on guys? Do I use it with dry hair and wash later?

Or, should I just try and find a good mobile service groomer to come for the time being. They're both 30kg each and wheaten terrors

Edited by wire

I got the Wahl Super Trim Cordless ones after a recommendation by Gruf. They are really good - the charge lasts well, they are very quiet and a nice small size for doing my little crestie's face. Not $35 but certainly a well made pair of clippers.

http://clipperworld.com.au/cordless/trimmers/wahl-cordless-battery-operated-clippers/wahl-super-trim-cordless-trimmer-p3703.html

I got them as a set from ebay.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Wahl-Super-Cordless-Clipper-Super-Trimmer-Rechargeable-Pro-Hair-Grooming-Combo-/131178479727

Hi guys, I'm thinking of getting one of these small trimmers too and need some advice please.

I have 2 dogs, always gone to groomers every 6 weeks for 7 & 4 years. The 7 year old is too ill to go and the 4 year old will die of fear if I send him on his own.

I need to give a hygiene cut to the 4yo. Should I put him on the table to do this or could I just let him stand on ground while I'm bending over backwards shaving him? I don't have a grooming table, would the dining table do with a grip mat?

And is it like using a number 1 or 2 buzz cut on guys? Do I use it with dry hair and wash later?

Or, should I just try and find a good mobile service groomer to come for the time being. They're both 30kg each and wheaten terrors

Start by using a mobile groomer so that you can observe methods etc. Always clip a dry coat - bathing can be before or after. If the coat is very matted, do a rough clip before then bathe, blow dry thoroughly and complete the clip.

It is better to clip on a table or bench - the dog is more likely to stand still if he cannot move away. A dining table may be too large. A sturdy garden table with a non-slip mat might work if you can't purchaqse a grooming table or sturdt crate or show trolley. (Plus your back will not take kindly to bending over backwards.)

After getting the mobile groomer to show you the tools and the methods, gradually purchase what you need to clip at home.

I got the Wahl Super Trim Cordless ones after a recommendation by Gruf. They are really good - the charge lasts well, they are very quiet and a nice small size for doing my little crestie's face. Not $35 but certainly a well made pair of clippers.

http://clipperworld.com.au/cordless/trimmers/wahl-cordless-battery-operated-clippers/wahl-super-trim-cordless-trimmer-p3703.html

I got them as a set from ebay.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Wahl-Super-Cordless-Clipper-Super-Trimmer-Rechargeable-Pro-Hair-Grooming-Combo-/131178479727

Just for clarification, the Wahl trimmer /super trimmer are the replacement of the Bravura/bellisima and the smaller one, the MiniBrav/Bella. The mini has the one non adjustable blade approx 30# blade, the Bravua/super trimmer is the bigger one with the 5 in 1 adjustable blade that pro groomers use for Poodle FFT and sanitary trimming and detailing. Both trimmers can be used corded or cordless, and are super quiet, but still have good power. The beauty of the blades on these trimmers is that they do not conduct heat at all, unlike regular large clipper blades. No heat ever, perfect for Poodle detailing.

Edited by GrufLife

Wire first step is ask you groomer what blades and combs they use. Once you know what length your dogs generally get clipped to, invest in good sturdy clippers. The best results will always be on a clean dry groomed out coat. If you clip the dogs regularly, don't waste your time farting around pre clipping, and don't wreck your blades on a dirty coat. Wash and thoroughly dry the dogs. Then do sanitary clipping around the groin, bottom, foot pads, eyes, ear openings, underarms etc. I would use my small trimmer for this, but if you just have the larger clippers, use a 10# for sanitary work. Watch out for the blade becoming too hot by touching it against your arm periodically to check. I very rarely use blades for body clipping these days having switched primarily to the stainless steel snap on combs. I don't even own a 3,4 or 5 blade at all anymore! If you want the dogs shaved down smooth, a 7# blade is what you want. If you want a plusher look, or a breed style , invest in some Wahl stainless steel snap on combs. Using the different combs to adjust length of coat you can muck around to get what you like. Asking your current groomer what they use will help. Always put the dog on a table big enough for it to comfortably stand on, but not so big that they can move around everywhere, or so wide they can keep moving to the other side, it will kill you back! A sturdy card or trestle table with a non slip surface or mat would be good. Put it next to a verandah post if you can so that you can use the post as a makeshift tether. It will help if you don't have to worry that your dog will spring off the table while you have hold of its ear with one hand and a clipper in the other etc.

Ps, human and dog clipper blades are opposite in numbering. A number 1 in dog grooming is like 1 1/2 inches long, not a buzz cut. If you only want to do sanitary grooming on your dogs, then a Wah super trimmer/bravura will be your best friend. Use it on the Middle setting for sanitary areas, except for foot pads on the shortest setting. These trimmers come with a set of snap on combs, so if you want to do a bit of shaping on the coat, use the combs over the blade set on the shortest setting. They don't have the power of a full size clipper but should fit your requirements if you just neaten you wheaties more in the Irish style rather than the sculpted US style.

Edited by GrufLife

Thank you GrufLife, was hoping you'd answer :D

And I will speak with our groomer who has always done the boys, hopefully this is just a temporary spot we're in and the big boy will heal up and I can resume them both to their regular grooming schedule.

I think I'm being a little ambitious in thinking I could groom my terrors, they've got me worked out I'm afraid. I'll get a mobile person in first and take it from there. Cheers

Found them. Not quite as small as the battery ones I borrowed from a friend but still great & so lightweight & quiet.

They are the Pro 2 by Showcraft. I got them from www.farmsupplies.com.au.

I phoned them. They mailed them from Melbourne on the Friday & they arrived here in SA on the Monday. Great service.