Dryers - Which One?

Willowlane

Cross over from Show Thread

Hi guys

I need to get a dryer and im needing any recommendations on good dryers and the ones to stay away from.

I have a budget of $400, hoping I can get something half decent for that but...lets just see what the general consensus is.

Looking at a few online stores I found these brands:

Pupkus

XPower

Aeolus

Lazor RX

Its for a ESS

Edited by Willowlane

Hi,

I have a Lazor RX. It's a fabulous high velocity dryer. I have had mine for about 5 years now. Dries both my BC'S really quickly & efficiently. Heating & cooling settings. Very reliable . Now at $199 a great buy. Highly recommend them ☺

I should add I don't show my guys but my dryer gets a fair workout as my 2 swim daily.

Edited by BC Crazy

I have an aeolus and love it. I use it with 2 BCs and pretty regularly. First one lasted 7 or so years. Just picked one up new from Crazy sales for less then $200 since it died recently. I think you would be fine with one of those and they currently have them for just over $200.

Definitely value for money.

I have had an Ezycoat for well over 10 years (more like 15 I think). Has never missed a beat. Australian made so parts and maintenance easily available if necessary (I have replaced the nozzle and bought a new filter once). My single motor dryer does a good job with my Pyreneans with good strong airflow. The motor they use now is even stronger than the one in mine. http://www.ezycoat.com.au/

At the bottom end of the price bracket, not long ago I bought a Lantun dryer off Ebay for around $80 (two speed and also has a heat setting). Aim is to test a cheaper model so it can be recommended to pet owners. So far so good - it seems to have good blowing power. What its longevity will be like at this point I don't know, but it seems a good option for those with one or two dogs and/or limited funds.

Edited by espinay2

I have worked in a few salons, and some of them had multiple brands so have plenty of experience with dryers laugh.gif

In my opinion we have:

Ezycoat: not as good as something its price should be, quite weak with its air flow.

Oldfield: Unsure of price range- SO noisy. But effective.

Lazor RX: excellent value for its price. I do not recommend the fancy one with the digital display. It is a pain to click its buttons. the old fashioned flick switch is the way to go.

B-air: Quite good, and reliable, though i think the Lazor is better.

Liberty: the one i experienced was a stand dryer, so a little different- but we were always having to get it repaired..

And ebay purchases: they were purple and oval shaped, they worked well, until they started squealing- it was a horrible sound- and then their switches died laugh.gif

My favourite dryer that i have ever used so far is the Double K Challengair. but with the US dollar at the moment would probably be out of price range.

Hopefully that helps a bit :)

Edited by denali

I don't have a lot of experience with different types and brands but I bought an eazycoat dryer about 12 years ago and it has been great for our home use. We don't show our dogs though so it probably doesn't get as much use as it would from a dog showing family.

I have a Lazor RX at home (the older one with a flick switch) and its fantastic, love everything about it! Does a great job on my Aussie as well as all my grooming clients.

At the clinic I work at we have two Lazor RX's one new with digital display and one old with flick switch. I would have to agree with Denali, the buttons on the new one can be a pain, you have to press them just right otherwise they don't work at all. But other than that, both of them are fantastic reliable machines.

I have the laser Rx with the digital display.

It's right next to the grooming table so I don't have a problem with the buttons and I love being able to adjust the air pressure and temperature based on comfort level of the dog and outside temp.

My ezy coats are going strong as ever after ten years of commercial use. I have the single motor ones. Used with the original red concentrator nozzle I can't find better. I personally do not want a heated dryer. The ezy coat generate heat through operation and never get hot hot. Plenty warm enough for the dogs comfort. I can easily get a wet Samoyed out of the bath, towel it down with just one towel, and dry it to the bone in 20 mins or so. Most SWF dry in six or seven minutes.

+ 1 for the Lazor Rx (I've got the older flick switch one) - well within your budget, not fidley, nice and light and easy to move around.

And my mini schnauzers love it - they rush in and sit next to it if they come in wet.

I love my Oldfield prototype, single motor, unheated model. It was the first one they launched to dog exhibitors. I bought it way back in 1987 and it is still going strong. They may be a little more expensive than some of the others but they last forever. A lot of my friends bought them shortly after I did and most of them are still in use. Mine has dried a lot of dogs over those years and never missed a beat even when used hour after hour, when preparing a lot of dogs for a major show.

• 8 months later...

I'm just going to hi-jack this thread. Hope that's OK. I seriously think I'm going to have to get a dryer to cope with increased occurrences of wet dog.

Very limited budget. I think these are my best options:

http://www.mjs.net.nz/index.php/component/virtuemart/dryers/aeolusdryers/11952-detail?Itemid=0

http://www.trademe.co.nz/pets-animals/dogs/grooming/auction-994657954.htm

thoughts?