Wow Dog Ballet?

Boronia

Oh WOW :thumbsup:

That is just so beautiful. What a lovely partnership those two must have. Amazing work. BC's are just so very clever. Thanks for sharing. Made my morning :)

Had to edit. I loved that so much I just watched it again. Truly awesome.

I would love to know how this dog was able to know what to do next in this routine when most of the time his owner was behind him. He seldom seemed to turn around but yet was exactly in time with her. Amazing training. Gosh I would love to be that good :laugh:

Edited by BC Crazy

Oh WOW :thumbsup:

That is just so beautiful. What a lovely partnership those two must have. Amazing work. BC's are just so very clever. Thanks for sharing. Made my morning :)

Had to edit. I loved that so much I just watched it again. Truly awesome.

I would love to know how this dog was able to know what to do next in this routine when most of the time his owner was behind him. He seldom seemed to turn around but yet was exactly in time with her. Amazing training. Gosh I would love to be that good :laugh:

I thought the same, BC Crazy. The dog was jaw droppingly in sync. So much talent amongst dogs and their owners, that just when you think the summit has been reached, along comes another.

It's a scary amazing thing - someone with dancing talent and training, who can also train a dog

I'm a crappy dancer, not good at keeping time, I'm not sure doing that with a dog would make either of us look clever - tho I love training some of the tricks.

this is one of the first routines that I watched while deciding to get involved with dancing with dogs...it showed what can be achieved with good music choice for the breed/individual dog :D

I am working on getting our high steps that high!!!

As someone who trained in classical ballet for 25 years the dancing is pretty hard for me to watch technique wise but boy these videos are amazing!! I couldn't care that the dancing is far from perfect; they're beautiful to watch and put a smile on my face.

Plus using an instrumental version of America's The Last Unicorn ... AWESOME!!

The Newfie is just sooooo fluffy and I thoroughly enjoyed watching his/her coat bounce at every jump! :heart:

You are very talented then RSA. Thats very pretty music. I haven't heard it before but you've answered my question as to why the ballet dancer has a unicorn horn on top of her head :laugh:

I'm still in ore of that dog. Almost brings tears to my eye's that routine. Just awesome...

Loved watching the beautiful big Newfie. How gorgeous is he :love: He moves very well for such a big fella & clever too.

Yes Perse I wondered similar as I just don't know how else the dog knows what to do on cue & in perfect timing when the owner is behind him for most of the routine. Amazing really. Is it possible to train a dog that well? If so, how ?

That thing where the BC is pointing its nose at the roof - is to see what the handler is doing. Some DWD handlers use verbals (spoken cues) as well I think. But BC are extremely good at sneaking a look at the handler, and if the routine with the music is practiced as a whole - the music will help cue as well.

And you know how dogs know when dinner is, it works for knowing roughly how long they need to do something before the next thing starts (or they need to peek).

I'm still wondering how I can train the high stepping... Might need a long stick for targeting or something. She already pokes me from the couch with high fives to get belly rubs.

The higher up the levels, the less obvious the physical cues are expected to be, so the dog works more on verbal. A huge amount of training has gone into this routine I'd say, to pattern the dog to the moves on minimal cues.