Drones/unmanned Vehicles - Whatever ...

persephone

These units communicate directly with a tablet ..attached to a rigid harness worn by the operator - and also containing the controls.

So there is 'live view' and when the screen contains a subject - then 'click' ..press button /take photo .I guess there could be more composition done if time permits - but batteries only last for 20 mins..,and time is money :) The live view is clear , even in daylight - and the whole thing is fascinating to me :)

When doing video - same sort of thing - @ 60 kph LOL

These are encouraging Perseph - our neighbour is arranging to have one come to our area "after it rains" - not much point now bare and under drought. I have "ordinary" aerial shots of the district from 30 years ago, green as Ireland, unbelievable. Our springtime green after rainfall is very fleeting, so looking forward to having some drone-platform shots taken to look at for the rest of the year. There is no dramatic/beautiful scenery around as you have to warrant having them come sooner. Bring on the rain.

OH talks about getting a "hobby" one: I'm a bit worried about what effect it might have on the animals - did any of yours react or don't you have muddle-headed goats/sheep etc who are easily panicked??

Edited by PossumCorner

It makes me want one. What sort of camera did they use?

this is the unit used for these shots - LINK

The new quadcopter's leading feature is 4K video capture from a DJI proprietary camera with a 94-degree angle of view. As you can see in the video we cut together above, the camera takes some striking footage. Though 4K displays in every living room are still a long way off, the extra resolution provides other advantages, like being able to crop in on an area of your footage without losing quality.

they have other, larger 'copter' units - and also units with wings- which suffer badly from wedgetailed eagle attacks !

more info HERE

• 4 weeks later...