The Challenge: Who's Got The Fastest Dog In Australia?

Kirislin

Yes well Maddie is determined and disobedient so she could well be the first.

I will definately come to a fun run one day to have a look but without the hounds. It would be too much of a temptation to the beady eyed assassin all those little dogs running and if Stan ran he'd only hurt himself or he'd just sit in the car whining about what a shit time he's having :laugh:

My kids have issues :o

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's today, wish us luck that the timing system works, and all goes to plan. It's going to be a long day but the weather will be perfect. I wont be able to tell anyone the times yet but hopefully can at least post some action photos. The times will be submitted to ALCA to be compared with other dogs around the country. Once all the clubs from around the country have run their comps the times will be published. Here's hoping the Victorian doggies do us proud. :thumbsup:

Well our comp's been and gone and it was fantastic. A perfect sunshiny day. We had Nova Scotia Tolling Duck Retrievers, Labradors, Rhodesian Ridgebacks, Greyhounds, Whippets, Italian Greyhounds, Border Terrier, Beagles, Bassett, Border Collie, Staffies and Staffy cross, a cute little grey scruffy that ran like the wind and they're just what come to mind. It ran pretty smoothly and most dogs did complete their runs with some pretty impressive times, but I cant tell you what they were because I dont know them, I can just tell if a dog's fast, from years of watching them run. I'll put some pics up here or post a link to facebook over the next few days. I cant wait to find out how our Vic dogs went compared to the rest of the country.

Was an awesome day! We all had a great time :D

Some great photos there, can't wait to see them all :) Of course I am bias but I especially love the photos of my two Tollers. Do you mind if I post them on Facebook?

Was an awesome day! We all had a great time :D

Some great photos there, can't wait to see them all :) Of course I am bias but I especially love the photos of my two Tollers. Do you mind if I post them on Facebook?

that's fine, I've put them up on our facebook page. I'm still going through them, there's lots more to come.

Your dogs were very impressive. What did you think of the whippets? And did you see my tiny little black Italian Greyhound run? I'm a bit biased too. :laugh:

Just had a look and didn't realise they are up! Do you sell them? I would love to get some and they are such awesome quality!

I loved the whippets, they were so damn quick and yes I saw your little girl. She was so cute, loved how she went up for cuddles while you were trying to take pictures of her running lol

Just had a look and didn't realise they are up! Do you sell them? I would love to get some and they are such awesome quality!

I loved the whippets, they were so damn quick and yes I saw your little girl. She was so cute, loved how she went up for cuddles while you were trying to take pictures of her running lol

Lots more pics to come. I'm pretty tired so will probably stop soon and put more up tomorrow.

Yes, my silly little girl should've/could've run faster but was looking out for me. I've got a few on her running with her head turned trying to see me. It doesn't really matter, her brother is much faster so she cannot win the breed class, but it's all good fun.

She looked adorable and that's the main thing, I've never seen either whippets or iggies really stretch out, so it was awesome to see them all :D

thanks, I can only agree with you there. :laugh:

Isn't it a buzz to see your own dogs in full flight like that, and yes the sighthounds are pretty awe inspiring. I never tire of watching them run. I could watch them all day.

Sounds like you had a fantastic day, congratulations! Great shots and looking forward to seeing more :) We were due to have a weekend of coursing, including another heat of the 'Fastest Dog' comp, but it was cancelled due to awful weather.

Sounds like you had a fantastic day, congratulations! Great shots and looking forward to seeing more :) We were due to have a weekend of coursing, including another heat of the 'Fastest Dog' comp, but it was cancelled due to awful weather.

bummer about having to cancel. Now that we've run ours I'm keen to know how we fared against the other states.

I've almost finished putting all the pics up, just a few more to go, but if you want to look at the album click on the link. I didn't have great shooting conditions, one way was all the cars and the other way was shooting in to the sun.

Frankie, my little black stafford loved it! And the day confirmed for us I think that my friends dog Bud has to have some kind of hound in him, he has that body/chest, and he ran really fast!

Was such a gorgeous day for it too and so relaxing sitting around with friends watching the dogs run like the wind

Astro is the grey scruffy, he's a schnauzer x poodle, we reckon he's a terrier though lol!

Neko ran great, the photo of her looking for you made me laugh though!

Edited by shoemonster

Frankie, my little black stafford loved it! And the day confirmed for us I think that my friends dog Bud has to have some kind of hound in him, he has that body/chest, and he ran really fast!

Was such a gorgeous day for it too and so relaxing sitting around with friends watching the dogs run like the wind

Astro is the grey scruffy, he's a schnauzer x poodle, we reckon he's a terrier though lol!

Neko ran great, the photo of her looking for you made me laugh though!

Is Bud the apricoty and white dog? I asked his owner if he was a whippet/staffy, he was quite lightly built in the body and yes, could run like the clappers, so did your cute little Frankie. He seemed to spend more time in the air than on the ground when he ran. I'm glad you had a good time. :D

Yep thats him, yeah I was taking him up to hold him for his run so it was me you asked :D

We reckon he's got to have grey or whippet, though others have said maybe beagle, but his build is much more sight hound. His mum was very stafford like, she came into the pound pregnant, the litter is very mixed though and one of his litter mates almost looks dogue cross

I've seen a few whippet staffy crosses in the past. I think he might be too small to be a greyhound cross. He was pretty photogenic I thought....lovely colour.

I'm looking forward to finding out all the times everyone ran too. Some seemed incredibly fast.