The Challenge: Who's Got The Fastest Dog In Australia?

Kirislin

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She looked adorable and that's the main thing, I've never seen either whippets or iggies really stretch out, so it was awesome to see them all :D

thanks, I can only agree with you there. :laugh:

Isn't it a buzz to see your own dogs in full flight like that, and yes the sighthounds are pretty awe inspiring. I never tire of watching them run. I could watch them all day.

I couldn't help but laugh at my little girl, she was very proud to have "caught" the lure and was bringing it all the way back to me minus it being attached to the rope lol

I reckon I could watch them all day as well, I would love to have seen a Saluki there or an Afghan would have been pretty awesome as well.

I'm so glad you all enjoyed it. It's the first competition our club's run, we're purely a social fun club so it was new for us but I think it went relatively smoothly apart from the lure starting to die near the end. I was hoping we'd be able to offer fun runs at the finish but the lure said no to that.

We bought that lure about 6 or 7 years ago and it's never skipped a beat, wouldn't you know it would have to start playing up on the day of our first competition, but it must have driven many hundreds of kilometres for us so it's served us very well till now. It's getting a new button and some wiring now.

I didnt realise it was the clubs first comp, you guys did great, its always hard to run comps, especially the first one, (I run our clubs flyball comps)

Things get easier and less stressful as you get more under your belt

• 1 month later...

I didnt realise it was the clubs first comp, you guys did great, its always hard to run comps, especially the first one, (I run our clubs flyball comps)

Things get easier and less stressful as you get more under your belt

Many thanks!

didn't your pups compete? I can't see them there.

Poppy did but as she's not papered she was in the 'unregistered small' group. She came 14th out of 33, not bad seeing as probably one of the smallest! She weighs 5kg and was competing against Border Collie/ AmStaff sized dogs :laugh: Her time was 10.8 seconds :)

didn't your pups compete? I can't see them there.

Poppy did but as she's not papered she was in the 'unregistered small' group. She came 14th out of 33, not bad seeing as probably one of the smallest! She weighs 5kg and was competing against Border Collie/ AmStaff sized dogs :laugh: Her time was 10.8 seconds :)

awww, it's hard competing against such a range of dogs :(. Maybe they need to consider the unreg classes by weight. It's a hard competition to run I suppose.

Reggie the fastest Australian Shepherd in Australia!!!! (And slowest.. there were no other Aussies entered but don't tell her laugh.gif)

19638325980_fde7311551_z.jpg

congratulations, enjoy it because I suspect she will have some competition next year! Great action shot too. :thumbsup:

Edited by Kirislin