Cat Rescue?

Just wondering if anyone does cat rescue?

A good family friend is very sick and has to rehome her 6 year old desexed Cat. The local cat rescue have been no help, the rspca have been great, but we want to avoid that if possible.

I'm a bit lost on where to start

Edited now I don't have a 2 year old helping me!

Edited by Teebs

yeah. honestly, we won't say no to Someone interstate taking her, the owner just wants to know that she is in a good home and won't be pts.

If I had the room I would take her, but 4 cats and a baby on the way makes it impossible

Unfortunately one pound alone in Sydney has 57 cats and kittens this week, it's peak season for unwanted cats/kittens.

I'm happy to help advertise the cat - need a good picture and a great description.

I'd do a yard check and vet ref check and do my best to make a good match but I can't take the cat personally as I have dogs who don't like them.

Last year I did find a wonderful home for a 10 yr old purebred cat and 2 younger cats. It was quite quick for the 10 yr old surprisingly but the younger cats took longer.

Thanks, we do cat adoption via work so I realise how hard it will be (if cat goes to rspca it will come to my work to be rehomed) .

I've had another offer of help to advertise so will go with them and will keep an ear out.

my heart is breaking for this friend, she was in tears tonight to me, the last thing she wants is to give her cat up but she is so sick she has no choice :(

None of her family are willing to help at all :(

Thanks, we do cat adoption via work so I realise how hard it will be (if cat goes to rspca it will come to my work to be rehomed) .

I've had another offer of help to advertise so will go with them and will keep an ear out.

my heart is breaking for this friend, she was in tears tonight to me, the last thing she wants is to give her cat up but she is so sick she has no choice :(

None of her family are willing to help at all :(

It's really sad and not uncommon unfortunately. I've been minding a little dog for a week after her owner was rushed into hospital and no family/friends to help, no available boarding as it is Easter holidays. She's going home today but I'm not sure what the future will bring due to the circumstances.

My heart goes out to your friend and all the people that find themselves in this heartbreaking situation.

We can all only hope that we are never in that situation ourselves.