Mac's Last Days

westiemum

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mac has me wrapped completely around his paws and his wobbly little back legs!laugh.gif

Exactly the way it should be :heart::heart:

Is there any other way a beloved puppy should be?

I never care that the dog may actually be old in years. But they are always that beloved puppy to me.

I have a big cheesy grin thinking of Mac, Danny and our other loved older dogs.

:flower:

You're so right VM - loved he certainly is - so much so I look after him better than I look after myself. laugh.gif Pain relief, slow cooked duck, raw meat, basmati rice, belly bands, poise pads and trips to the park in his stroller! The things we do... and I wouldn't have it any other way.smile.gif

Thanks so much for that SM. it means a lot. I've worked really hard with my vets to get his pain meds right - and I think the combination of the Loxicom and Gabapentin is right for him. I'm so glad your pain is well controlled too SM - I hope its means you are much more comfortable - pain control is so important to quality of life for you and for Mac. xx smile.gif

Edited by westiemum

Oh and I forgot his favourite Adelaide Blue Cheese!!! Mr Mac is doing well today. Pottering around, interested, snoozing in front of the gas fire... smile.gif

Aha!! Adelaide Blue Cheese on my shopping list ......... FOR ME !! Mind you I don't need ABC to initiate a snooze.

Your post put a smile on my face, westiemum, visualising your precious Mr Mac snoozing and snuffling and snoring.

Oh and I forgot his favourite Adelaide Blue Cheese!!! Mr Mac is doing well today. Pottering around, interested, snoozing in front of the gas fire... smile.gif

Aha!! Adelaide Blue Cheese on my shopping list ......... FOR ME !! Mind you I don't need ABC to initiate a snooze.

Your post put a smile on my face, westiemum, visualising your precious Mr Mac snoozing and snuffling and snoring.

Snap!!!! i added the vision of cosy & warm in Little Gift's jumper too....

:heart:

Yep Little Gifts jumper is back on tonight after needing a wash!!! He's snuggled into the crook behind my knees on his favourite Onkaparinga woollen blanket - my little heat-seeking missile. laugh.gif

Awwww dear little fella

snug as a bug in a rug

Thanks B - slight set-back this morning - he started with the whole body tremors again and appeared flat/unwell. So I've loaded his ABs this morning (*doubled the dose) and he seems better this afternoon - but quiet. We'll see...

I think they must know Westiemum, my girl is giving my old boy (he's 16 and getting very wobbly on his legs) extra attention these days, even though she has always snuggled up to him (for warmth) she's been mothering him and cleans his face religiously, every day he gets a tongue bath. :laugh: He doesn't mind.

Come to think of it, Sarah likes to lick his ears of late, and he doesn't mind either!! Nor does he mind sniffing her bottom!!!

Here he is a few minutes ago - sound asleep on his cushion - in front of the fire got too hot!!

post-11746-0-95269800-1430395885_thumb.jpg

Edited by westiemum