Mac's Last Days

westiemum

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all so much for your kindness and support - it means so much. While I'm still weepy when I think about Mac, I have two other gorgeous westies here who need me so life does go on. We went to the park for lunch today and Sarah came home a smelly girl who now needs a bath! They were such a hit at the park - and people were very interested in Andy's story as a puppy farm rescue... so he continues to be a great rescue ambassador in the Mac tradition - and now we are all off for an early night. Talk tomorrow.

Its interesting LG - I haven't noticed any change in Andy - but then he and Mac weren't very close. But Sarah and Mac spent every night on my bed and on Saturday night Sarah appeared to jump off the bed twice to look for him. (I thought she wanted a wee outside but she didn't go out through the doggie door as she usually does). But it seemed to settle down last night and we seem to be rapidly becoming a family of three instead of four. I did really well at work today - but then I got the email saying Mac was cremated today and I got weepy again. I suppose it will take some time before I can think of him without getting teary.

Ohhhhhh Westiemum - I just saw that dear Mac has gone to rainbow bridge. I know how sad you must be. It will take a long time before you can think about Mac without getting weepy. Mac had a wonderful life with you and I have no doubt he knew how much you loved him to the very end. Maybe Winston and Mac will hook up at rainbow bridge and get up to some mischief!! :love::angel:

Sending you big hugs xxxx

It's normal to be teary WM, I still tear up when I think of fur members that have gone to the bridge. :kissbetter:

But one day you'll look back and think of him and smile, and remember his funny little ways, all the mischief he got up to, and you will remember the good times.

It's good that Andy and Sarah have settled without too much trouble into being a family of 3.

Edited for spelling

Edited by Cazablanca