Mac's Last Days

westiemum

The day our loved one’s ashes come home can been a very difficult one. It is the finality of it, I think. That’s it. They are really gone, never to return. I always find it as bad as they day they are given their wings.

A friend of mine had the opposite experience DDD - she couldn't sleep properly until her baby was back home, albeit in an urn... but she was home and safe again.

T.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks DD and TDX - Mac comes home tonight and I know it will sound weird but one part of me is really looking forward to having my little man home with me again, even if it is in a box.

And here's an interesting story. I chose these pet cremation people as they guaranteed they cremated individually and I would get Mac and only Mac back and they were recommended by Mac's Godparents. I had an email yesterday saying he was coming home with his plate in a separate bag. Plate?? Then it dawned on me - it was the plate inserted in his back leg to repair his ACL back in 2007 which I had completely forgotten about and neglected to tell them about - it honestly never occurred to me. But the added bonus is I now know for certain it's Mac coming home and only Mac. How cool is that? smile.gif

It's so nice to get feedback that shows they are taking the very best care of Mac's final ministrations... and getting him back to you - back home where he belongs.

Sleep well tonight and dream happy dreams of all the wonderful moments you shared together over the years.

T.

Thanks DD and TDX - Mac comes home tonight and I know it will sound weird but one part of me is really looking forward to having my little man home with me again, even if it is in a box.

And here's an interesting story. I chose these pet cremation people as they guaranteed they cremated individually and I would get Mac and only Mac back and they were recommended by Mac's Godparents. I had an email yesterday saying he was coming home with his plate in a separate bag. Plate?? Then it dawned on me - it was the plate inserted in his back leg to repair his ACL back in 2007 which I had completely forgotten about and neglected to tell them about - it honestly never occurred to me. But the added bonus is I now know for certain it's Mac coming home and only Mac. How cool is that? smile.gif

It IS wonderful to know that the ashes you are getting are really Mac’s. When my first little dog died, I had no idea of the process and I know now (well I’ve known for many year) that I don’t have her ashes. Calypso weighed 2kgs when she died and the cremation place sent back enough ashes for about two German Shepherds. :cry::mad :mad

Thank you everyone very much - really appreciated. We're all doing better but its quite an adjustment. I find I can get through the day at work no problems - but then I get home and think of him and get quite weepy again...

Anyway I thought I might share some photos of his last days... starting with one of his last bone on Sunday 14 November...

post-11746-0-33100400-1448877143_thumb.jpg

And one of his last snoozes in front of the fire on 17 November...

post-11746-0-99204900-1448877268_thumb.jpg

thanks for posting the photos WM.

I loved the last three with his Godfather...such a cuddle-bum (Mac I mean) :)

The first photos show that he was nearing his time...breaks your heart doesn't it.

Dear old boy...a DOLer treasure for sure.