Mac's Last Days

westiemum

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

post-26505-0-41649800-1447481941_thumb.png

ESP Boronia! Earlier this afternoon I wheeled out the Macmobile and put it in the kitchen so he could be part of the action while I cooked!! And he'll go to the park in it tomorrow. He's back in it after having dinner and looks like king of the castle!

post-26505-0-41649800-1447481941_thumb.png

ESP Boronia! Earlier this afternoon I wheeled out the Macmobile and put it in the kitchen so he could be part of the action while I cooked!! And he'll go to the park in it tomorrow. He's back in it after having dinner and looks like king of the castle!

Kind of the castle in his Macmobile, supervising your cooking. Love it!

Yeah he does look pretty cool in his Macmobile - I'll have to get some photos.

Can I ask for some advice? I also want to do what's best for Sarah and Andy on Friday. Do people think it's better for them to be present on the laps of friends or taken for a walk and brought back for a sniff of Mac after its all over? I can see advantages both ways but am leaning towards the take them for a walk option? What do people think/ advise?

Edited by westiemum

Westiemum - not sure about the Sarah and Andy bit. When Ness passed it was just me at home sitting with her. I sat with Ness and obviously Kenz was around the place but she kind of avoided coming to close. When Ness had finally died Kenz was pretty actively avoiding her body but otherwise it was situation as normal at home. I remember tossing countless frisbees while waiting for Ness's body to be collected. Hard to know what to suggest.

Not sure what your intending on doing with Mac's body but I found these guys were awesome to deal with. Really caring and nothing was to much trouble - https://www.adelaidepetcremations.com.au/

Thanks Caz and ness - yes I'll mull the Sarah and Andy management issue over the next few days - its interesting - the opinion both on and off DOL at the moment is pretty evenly split both ways - I'll see...

And ness thank you for the cremation info - yes he'll be cremated and come back to my mantle piece where I can continue to talk to him! I'll organise the cremation people after I confirm the vet tomorrow.

Gee this all seems very clinical and matter-of-fact - but i supposed many ways it is...

Edited by westiemum

What do people think/ advise?

It is so worrying, isn’t it :cry: . You know your dogs (as well as anyone of us can know another being); try not to overthink it, talk to your wonderful mum. Sarah and Andy have each other and will probably cope better than if there was only one.

I know we are all different, but I have preferred to be on my own when my dogs have crossed the bridge. However, most of the time, there hasn’t been a choice.

Mel was really nice to deal with and even me fussing about a small crack in Ness's box it wasn't to much trouble for her to take time to come and swap the box so I would be perfectly happy. Can you have people there for Andy and Sarah and see how things pan out on Friday. Let the dogs decide and just go with the flow.

I agree it does sound a little bit clinical but at least everything is in order and your in the place to make the right decision.

Give him a last maccas ice cream cone from me and in honour of Ness monster.

You've done an awesome job keeping Mac happy and comfortable for way longer than you thought initially, and although it's really sad to have reached the end of the road, hopefully your plans will work out so you all can take care of him till the end. WIll be a hard week, though. DOL thoughts are with you.