Mac's Last Days

westiemum

Will raise a long cool glass of something this afternoon and toast the wonderful life and times of Maccles and his doting mum... there will be a bright new star in the heavens tonight shining his love down on all of us.

My eyes leak for you today WM...

T.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been thinking about you since I got up, wondering how you are spending the day. Stay strong, live in the moment and know you are doing the right thing for your gorgeous boy. XXX

Westiemum and Mac were my first thoughts when I woke up. It is so hot here, that my dogs and I are keeping to the air conditioned house.

Much love to you and your darlings, WM.

Thank you all. We had a good night - wouldn't you know it - he sleep right through - didn't wake me once!! Little bugger! Then this morning we went to say goodbye to his other fav vet who has been absolutely wonderful to him too. BTW she seemed really grateful to have the opportunity to say goodbye to him? And she seemed a bit surprised? Do others not do this? No biggie - just curious.

We then went to the park and everyone really enjoyed the cool breeze - and Mac loved sniffing all the pee-mail, eating blue cheese and getting mega attention in his Macmobile! I then cleaned off the verandah (Andy wees on it), had some lunch and now we are settling down to an ice-cream and an afternoon snuggle before his God-parents arrive after 5 pm. I'm calm but I know I'll be a mess later today. I'll let you know how it all goes.

Thank you all - I can really feel your love and presence - and it means more than you'll ever know. smile.gif

HI Everyone,

Thank you all so much - it all went as planned like clock-work. His Godparents arrived to say goodbye just after 5, Andy and Sarah went for a play date at some dear friends who collected them 1/4 of an hour before the vet arrived at 6 as planned, my Mum had been here all day with him was with him at the end too, the vet was brilliant, his favourite vet nurse came too, and he slipped peacefully away in my arms. Then 25 minutes later the lovely pet cremation lady arrived to collect him. Andy and Sarah then arrived home from their play date.

I'm teary as expected and about to give Sarah and Andy a late dinner and then get myself a very large gin cocktail!

Thanks everyone - I'll be able to be a little more philosophical in the next few days - but at the moment Sarah is starving and life goes on... talk soon.

:rainbowbridge: So admire your strength. WM .. and good to hear your planning all went well. Bless little Mac .... how lucky was he to have such wonderful humans to care for him till the end. Sarah and Andy will keep you busy now, I think. :grouphug:

Thanks so much Tassie - I'm teary and very tired - emotionally exhausted as much as anything else - but it was really good to have his Godparents here - they cared for him when he first came out of the puppy farm all those years ago before they chose me to be his Mum.

But its time to turn my attention to my beloved 14 year old Sarah and my wicked little Andy of indeterminate age! They desperately need some attention and I'll spend the weekend with them and being kind to Mum and myself. Its feeling very empty at the moment but that too will pass

Edited by westiemum

Hugs westiemum - Mac had an awesome life with you and was spoiled right till the end. Nothing but the best. Give Sarah and Andy a cuddle from me. Thoughts are with you.

Edited by ness