Mac's Last Days

westiemum

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all - I don't think its long now - very old friends arrived for dinner tonight - he's an ex-RAAF doggie - and they both said it won't be long. He's having the day with his Grandma tomorrow so will see what she thinks as she is better at this timing than I am - She got my old cat George right when i got it so wrong. My hearts breaking... but I won't have him suffer. How do you know???? crying.gifcrying.gifcrying.gif

Hugs westiemum. I don't envy having to make the decision I am very grateful that Ness opted to go of her own accord when she thought it was right. I had this very discussion with my friend the night before she passed away.

Thoughts are with you. I am sure you will do what is best for Mac. He is a very lucky dog to have found his way to you.

Thanks mad woofer, DD and Ness. I don't think he is suffering at all - he just seems tired, his gait is suddenly much wider - and he seems flat. Mind you blue cheese perked him up no end this evening. smile.gif I'll see what his Granny thinks tomorrow - she is having all three for me tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks mad woofer, DD and Ness. I don't think he is suffering at all - he just seems tired, his gait is suddenly much wider - and he seems flat. Mind you blue cheese perked him up no end this evening. smile.gif I'll see what his Granny thinks tomorrow - she is having all three for me tomorrow afternoon.

I am sure they will have a lovely time with Granny. And it will be a rest for you knowing they are in good and loving hands. It will be good for you to get another's opinion.

:grouphug: :grouphug:

Thanks everyone. He's had a wonderful day with his Granny who cooked him scrambled egg and said he was very 'skippy' and 'spritely' and trying to keep up with the other two westies. Tonight he's resting very comfortably after coughing last night. I think this up and down pattern is becoming his ' new normal' and may go on for a while yet.

Thanks everyone for your kindness and support - really appreciated.

I think this up and down pattern is becoming his ' new normal' and may go on for a while yet.

This one of the things that makes it so hard, physically and emotionally. We are constantly preparing ourselves for the worst and suddenly we have a little creature skipping and spritely and chowing down on goodies.

:love::love:

(Off topic, Westiemum, but I once called a little rescue dog Spritely. Great word and name :thumbsup: )

DD that is exactly right - he really perked up with his Granny yesterday - and she loved having him - I'm going to see if she will have him one day a week at her place and maybe come to mine one day a week. She can then help me judge when his time comes.

Here he is in his PJs with Andy in front of the fire right now

post-11746-0-39592900-1430621209_thumb.jpg.

thumbsup1.gif Lovely update ( I was a bit scared to look).

Coogie - I'm sorry you were a bit scared - but I think this is going to be the pattern from here on in - pretty up and down - until its mainly down and I make a different decision - and I have no idea when that will be. But thank you so much for hanging around and popping in - I really appreciate it. smile.gif

Dear little Mac, I bet he enjoyed those scrambled eggs and being spoiled by Granny. Tis a good day.

Yep it was a good day - and I think Granny enjoyed spending time with him too. He's a very good old boy and is no trouble. (As long as she remembers to toilet him regularly!). Thanks Caz - and thank you too for hanging around - I'm really appreciating the company as this can be a really emotional and lonely place to be.