Mac's Last Days

westiemum

Mr Mac had a day at doggy daycare today with Sarah and Andy while the tiling got finished in their laundry. He had a grandpa nap with the on-site groomer at some stage, had his fur in his eyes trimmed and was incredibly spritely and bright when I picked him up just after 6 - he was just so happy - trotting out to the car. I must try and get them back there once a week if I can - they absolutely love it!! thumbsup1.gif

Edited by westiemum

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOps - sorry DD - have changed to Mr Mac so i don't give anyone else a heart attack. I call him Mac Attack without thinking!! Yes he's amazing for his age - and I love him to bits. Mac's Godmother and her new westie puppy Willow are coming to visit in the morning.

Here's the youngun! She's growing like a weed even though she's only 4 or 5 months old! Ain't she a cutie!! And you should see her in real life! Heart shatterer!!!

post-11746-0-88980600-1434099499_thumb.jpg

OOps - sorry DD - have changed to Mr Mac so i don't give anyone else a heart attack. I call him Mac Attack without thinking!! Yes he's amazing for his age - and I love him to bits. Mac's Godmother and her new westie puppy Willow are coming to visit in the morning.

Here's the youngun! She's growing like a weed even though she's only 4 or 5 months old! Ain't she a cutie!! And you should see her in real life! Heart shatterer!!!

post-11746-0-88980600-1434099499_thumb.jpg

hehehehe she has all of you worked out! look at those all-seeing eyes

when she gets older she will be a wee cunning manipulative besom.

And yay for Mac-who-is-feeling-really-good

and for those who need to know what a besom is--> http://www.urbandict....php?term=Besom

• 2 weeks later...

I think my July house guest just lost one of her pillows!!! laugh.gif

I washed them after getting them out of the box where they've been for almost two years and put them upright next to the gas fire to completely dry - Mr Mac decided he needed to try them out so he pulled it over and plonked himself on top!! laugh.gif So much for his dementia!!! Oh well - I'll just have to buy another one!!! rofl1.gif

post-11746-0-13140900-1434968860_thumb.jpg

I think my July house guest just lost one of her pillows!!! laugh.gif

I washed them after getting them out of the box where they've been for almost two years and put them upright next to the gas fire to completely dry - Mr Mac decided he needed to try them out so he pulled it over and plonked himself on top!! laugh.gif So much for his dementia!!! Oh well - I'll just have to buy another one!!! rofl1.gif

post-11746-0-13140900-1434968860_thumb.jpg

Bless him .. he looks so comfy ..and probably very pleased with himself ;-)

hahaha, they are so funny WM, I had aired out a doona in the sun and then folded it and put it in the corner of the bedroom ready to put away, came in later to find my Mac just sitting on the top of it, all on his own...just sitting and thinking dog-stuff in solitude.

I don't think I will ever figure out what is going on inside his head :D

Well we had an interesting night last night. I was in jarmies and getting ready to go to bed about 11.30pm. Mac had been asleep most of the evening. Got into bed with the westies down one side as usual and Mac won't settle - I mean really won't settle - he's pacing around the bed, stomping all over me and really keeping us all awake. So I get up and take him outside in the freezing cold hoping a wee will fix it. He does a big wee and then rolls on the cold grass but I notice that he is trying to scratch the RHS of his face. Back to bed we go and he starts shaking his head and rubbing the RHS of his face again. Still won't settle.

Hhmn... Slow tired mother finally twigs - its his ear. I have look at it, pull out a mixture of grass, and gunk and his pinna is really red. And it pongs. So at 12.30am I get dressed and head off to the emergency vet. Luckily for both of us our favourite emergency vet was on. (She was supposed to go home four hours prior but a major surgical accident case meant she stayed.) I'm sure Mr Mac knew his favourite vet was on and manouvred the whole thing!! She was very pleased to see him even if it was 1.45 in the morning. (I had to wait).

The vet takes a swab and puts it under the scope - bacteria but no evil rods thank goodness. But she still couldn't see if there was a foreign body in the canal - there was too much gunk. So she gave him some pain relief and put a good dose of Demotic down there. Worked like magic and he was asleep in the car before we got home. I left him wrapped in his rug and he went straight to sleep and didn't move until morning. I've continued dosing him today and we'll go back to the vet for a check in a weeks time.

Note to Mr Mac - please can you 'go clinical' during normal business hours next time??!! smile.gif And his tired Mum is about to go to bed!! 'Night all! smile.gif

ETA: And to assuage my guilt I cooked him Maggie Beer's scrambled egg this afternoon embarrass.gif

Edited by westiemum

Yep I was wondering too DD - and the only thing I can think of is that he rolled in some poo and got it in his ear doing his favourite thing - rolling on the lawn. I'm pretty vigilant in picking up the poo but might have missed some. The vet said it could have been anywhere...

Yep I was wondering too DD - and the only thing I can think of is that he rolled in some poo and got it in his ear doing his favourite thing - rolling on the lawn. I'm pretty vigilant in picking up the poo but might have missed some. The vet said it could have been anywhere...

And this has been a warning to me to be more vigilant because one of my dogs (Tamar - Maltese Shih Tzu cross) loves to rub her face and ears in all sorts of goodies on the ground that only she can see/smell :laugh: .

Westie, my elderly girl, 15 yr old Nina Zena, is prone to get infection especially in right ear. The vet recommended a weekly gentle flush with Otoflush. She said it's less 'stingy' that the similar products. Seems to be doing well for her.

I've told Nina Zena that Mac is an inspiration. The dear boy is doing so well in his challenging time ... & teaching us a lot, too. Bless you ... & him, too, of course.

Edited by mita

Thank you DD and Mita. Thanks for the tip Mita - great idea - he has to go back to the vet for a check-up next week - so I'll get some then. And the way Mac is going a girlfriend is not out of the question!! laugh.gif

Edited by westiemum