This Is A Worry

Hrm.

I think with things like this - sometimes they're great cause they make you think about things you're possibly not likely to consider (insurance, building a client base, reliability, scheduling etc).

I personally wouldn't hire someone who sole credentials we're an online groupon course - especially if they were bragging about it - but for 30 bucks it might be a good extra - if you get what I mean.

It's only a worry if it's the only thing the person has done prior to starting up a business like this.

I did a groupon grooming course (basically the same as this, same provider, etc). There was lots of interesting bits of theory, but no way could you groom a dog well after doing it. I did just to see what the course was like (I'm setting up short courses including online courses at work - so it was a bit of research!) and also to see how it compared to the knowledge I have developed from learning what I have learnt from the groomers I know.

The theory mostly was in line with what I'd learnt, but quite obviously working with animals is an industry where hands on experience is at least as important if not moreso than theoretical knowledge.

I noticed Leerburg has an online course about starting up your own dog business. Theirs looked pretty good and comprehensive - I was tempted to do it! lol. It was considerably more expensive.

1429500330[/url]' post='6680075']

http://www.groupon.c...-1-36-720115739

Considering pet sitting and dog walking requires no skills or experience I think any course can only be seen as a good thing!

How sanguine you are :) Have a look at [**kirty**'s thread - I think it was **kirty**, I'll check]. She is an extremely experienced animal person and still had an event. In another person's hands, this could have been disastrous.

Considering pet sitting and dog walking requires no skills or experience I think any course can only be seen as a good thing!

How sanguine you are :) Have a look at [**kirty**'s thread - I think it was **kirty**, I'll check]. She is an extremely experienced animal person and still had an event. In another person's hands, this could have been disastrous.

I think Clyde means that anyone can do it. It's not like for example, teaching where you do actually need a degree to get the job.

Us "dog people" on Dol might go looking for someone with credentials and proper training as we know what might happen, but it's not going to stop the 15 year old down the road wanting some pocket money walking dogs after school. For that person, the sheer basics is surely better than nothing.

Edited by LisaCC

1429686161[/url]' post='6680960']
1429666615[/url]' post='6680817']
1429665509[/url]' post='6680809']
1429500330[/url]' post='6680075']

http://www.groupon.c...-1-36-720115739

I think Clyde means that anyone can do it. It's not like for example, teaching where you do actually need a degree to get the job.

Us "dog people" on Dol might go looking for someone with credentials and proper training as we know what might happen, but it's not going to stop the 15 year old down the road wanting some pocket money walking dogs after school. For that person, the sheer basics is surely better than nothing.

Thanks Lisa, that was exactly my point thumbsup1.gif