Aaaah Life With Dogs!

Kirislin

Last night Neko didn't eat all her dinner which is very unusual for her. Later in the evening she woke up suddenly, jumped off the couch and disappeared. Remembering she seemed off colour earlier I went looking for her. The whippets all dash outside if they know they're going to be sick, but not Neko, she's an Italian greyhound and they're just.....different. No she quietly tiptoed behind the dog crate and threw up the contents of her tummy all over the most textured fleecy blanket (and therefore the most difficult to clean) she could find.

I quickly picked up the blanket trying to keep the slop from spilling everywhere and made a dash for outside. Of course the dogs then got curious as to my sudden animation and were pushing and shoving through the sliding door with me to see what I was up to, and by then Puck had also got a scent of MEAT!! In the crush to get out the door first they made me spill it on the carpet and in the sliding door runners. Even more goey difficult mess for me to clean now. :( But quick as a flash Puck took charge of the situation and ate it all up!! :angeldevil: Good ol' Pucky to the rescue, you just made my life a whole lot easier. xx

It's weird - I had two vomiters yesterday as did two other people I know! Must be something in the air! One of mine gives no vomit alerts - she coughs and there it is, right where she was lying or standing. I used to have another that would go through the most extreme, body contorting heaves and still not bring anything up. I can't even type about the re-eating of said vomit!

Tempeh brings up bile some mornings if she is too hungry. She's always been like that and has seen the vet about it. We usually give her a late night snack and that fixes things. If she throws up she normally waits until I've washed all the dog beds and put new ones out to purge over. But recently I was out at an event and didn't get to bed till around sunrise. I got in and pulled the doona cover (pretending to be a sheet) over me and it was damp and smelt strange. One of mine has some pee incontinence so I wondered if she'd got a bit leaky. I was too tired to worry about it so just walked it into the laundry, grabbed a towel in case it had soaked into the mattress I needed to lie on and got back in to bed and pulled something else over me. When I awoke later in the day I realised what was on that doona cover I had pulled it over my body! :cry::vomit:

:laugh: It's amazing what we learn to put up with, and consider normal. A non dog person would be horrified.

as to vomit types, Neko can be both. Sometimes she goes through lots of retching before she unloads and other times it just comes out silently with no warning.

Edited by Kirislin

I have white carpet in the lounge room so I have covered it as best I can with rugs, carpet offcuts, towels you name it. Both of mine have thrown up once since we moved in and both managed to find a spot that was not covered O.o Stan did a big up and under next to the TV, he got out of my bed, walked through the house past the open back door, around the lounge, past the coffee table and hurled straight onto the one square foot of white carpet!

I have white carpet in the lounge room so I have covered it as best I can with rugs, carpet offcuts, towels you name it. Both of mine have thrown up once since we moved in and both managed to find a spot that was not covered O.o Stan did a big up and under next to the TV, he got out of my bed, walked through the house past the open back door, around the lounge, past the coffee table and hurled straight onto the one square foot of white carpet!

I'm sorry for laughing, having met you and Stan now, I was laughing before I even finished reading as I could just imagine it. :laugh:

I'm sorry for laughing, having met you and Stan now, I was laughing before I even finished reading as I could just imagine it. :laugh:

Yes well with the whole carpark at Jells Park surrounded by copper logs I bet he is the only dog that managed to whack his head on the one log with a nail sticking out *sigh* Was it you or Beltar that said "he's not clumsy he's just unlucky"? :rofl:

My Frenchie gives plenty of warning if she's going to be sick, lots of heaving and noises. I almost fall over myself trying to get to her to hustle her off the carpet onto the tiles and then the poor thing ends up frightened of me looming over her. (She's a sensitive soul).

We recently had our carpets cleaned after having a puppy in the house and in the first week I had a poo(?), vomit and a meaty bone bought inside and eaten on the carpet. sigh

Cricket gives no warning. There's just a little cough and there it is. Em used to be very good about trying to get outside before she hurled, but she's too unwell these days and just stands still, heaving, until it comes up - usually with either OH or I standing over her yelling and gesticulating towards the door. She always looks so apologetic afterwards.

Indiana (RIP) would occasionally bring up bile in the middle of the night. If the dogs were in their crates and Indi started to heave Em would bark to let us know. She saved us from many messes that way.